1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impreza STi @ www.autoexpress.co.uk

The good:
-0-60mph time of less than 4.5 seconds
-280bhp (keep in mind that companies usually under report their #s in Japan to get under Japan's 280hp limit.)
-373Nm (275lbs/ft) torque
-a special six-speed close-ratio gearbox
-limited slip differential
-Suspension tweaks
-bigger wheels
-lower springs
-bigger Brembo brakes
-strut braces
-more attractive and effective Xenon headlamps

The bad:
-more than 18 months away
-no mention of wether it is coming to the US. However they did mention that it was coming to Europe for the first time.

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think the U.S. will get the 220 hp version. They must think that the sales volume wouldn't justify federalizing the car. Would make a nice track car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right the Euro/Australian spec WRX (which I'm 99% sure will be the one we get) has 215hp, but it can do 0-60 in 5.9. In Australia the WRX is about $24k which is a performance bargain.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The 280 HP number is NOT really a "limit", but an informal agreement among the Japanese manufacturers. Some of them started to circumvent by quoting RWHP. The "limit" will apparently be dumped very soon when the next-generation supercars arrive........

·
Registered
58 Posts
BMW and MB also have a agreement to limit the top speed to 155mph. They did this so there wouldn't be a top speed war between the two companies.

Rick Kim

Originally posted by Chiphead:
Why would they agree to the limit?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i think don schroeder(car and driver's chief editor i think?) died from testing the top speed of a renntech mercedes =(

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Who was the bonehead who thought this Superoo was a contender in the 50K sportscar department? Engage brain prior to posting please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Doug
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing