Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my wheels before buying my BBK I was bummed to find I needed a small spacer. I searched around but couldn't find anyone making a 1 or 2 mm spacer. The smallest I could find were 3mm from some eBay seller. I ran those cheap eBay 3 millimeter spacers for the last 3 years.

Then luckily a local shop told me about these spacers they were making in 1mm and 2.2mm. So I went down to their shop and tried the 1mm spacer but still had rubbing so I had to use the 2.2mm spacer. I've been running them for the last 3 months and am very content with them. I used to have wheel vibration around 60mph with the old spacers but not with these.

Here are the specs for them:
- 5×114.3 (5×4.5) / 5×112 bolt pattern
- Accepts 12mm studs for 5×114.3 and/or 1/2″ studs for 5×112
- 73mm inner hub diameter & 145mm outer diameter
- Available in 1mm, and 2.2 mm wide (prototypes)
- 6061-T6 Aircraft Aluminum
- Waterjet accuracy and precision
Kyoei USA Fine Tuning Spacer Kits | Kyoei USA Official Blog

Here is a pic showing the two spacers. Ebay on the left Kyoei on the right.

I had a super hard time trying to show the gap between the caliper and the wheel spokes. This pic turned out the best out of like 20+ shots(click to supersize):

Don't mind my dirty wheels :p

·
Registered
943 Posts
wow! I wish I knew about these before I went with the Ichiba V.1 5mm spacers. Like Baadhabit said, they're hubcentric so they'll fit well but I still didn't want to have to go a full 5mm for my Stoptech BBK to fit!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
love your car man. Gonna check out those spacers in case I need some one day.

Is it possible that your old spacers caused your shaking because they weren't hub centric?
The new ones aren't hub centric either. The old ones were just really badly made. I wish I would have taken more pictures before I got rid of them. But the new ones fit very snuggly. The holes for the bolts are just big enough for them to go through so they don't move around once you install them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah it's the TTE front(hence the license plate) with RMM side skirts and TTE rear skirt on the Euro bumper. Also have the euro fenders and side mirrors.
So you should better do a Euro-Trip soon!

Immer noch ein wunderschöner IS !

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Still looks great Juic!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts