Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I wanted to see from Lexus in the future was some kind of limited number of high performace cars like the Audi RS or S,
Mercedes AMG or BMW M, but I guess that isn't going to happen in the near future because that is not the Lexus philosophy. It makes sense, but doesn't mean I agree 100% with their philosophy.

This was taken from the New York Time article on 10/22/03. Sorry if this is a repost!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"At Lexus, the decision is a matter of philosophy. "We prefer a balance between luxury, performance and quality," said Michael Wells, the vice president of marketing for Lexus. "We put all those things together whether in an entry-level car, luxury car or S.U.V."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/22/automobiles/22SMIT.html

·
Registered
480 Posts

^^^
they will have to give mr hp and tq or else they wont be able to compete in this market, wich is power = better... does not mean they will have more hp and tq but they will up it just enough to make the quality,luxury and durablity push it past the 20 or so less hp output others will have :chill: ....

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
limited edition 6 speed TT 2JZ-GTE is what they need...

they would sell them in a week...

cmon Lexus...do something already!!!! :boring:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm really disappointed w/ this. Lexus already has a reputation for luxury & quality, where they need to grow is a reputation for high-performance. Lexus has the most reliable cars yet it seems like they’re saying they can't make high-performance cars while maintaining Lexus reliability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.