Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new in the is 300 world, I have a 2002 e shift and wanted to change the knob. I have several times and im still not happy. I have been reading alot of posts about this but no one talks about how to lower it. I recently bought a momo shift knob and it looks great but its to high up so it looks stupid. Any ideas :cool: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
lillill13 said:
Im new in the is 300 world, I have a 2002 e shift and wanted to change the knob. I have several times and im still not happy. I have been reading alot of posts about this but no one talks about how to lower it. I recently bought a momo shift knob and it looks great but its to high up so it looks stupid. Any ideas :cool: :confused:

You could cut the stock shaft and get a tap and die set and re-thread it

make sure you get it right :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could you just unscrew the shaft and take it out. I had the whole thing open to day and still couldnt see. Is a short shifter an answer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
lillill13 said:
could you just unscrew the shaft and take it out. I had the whole thing open to day and still couldnt see. Is a short shifter an answer?

for an auto?

I dunno, never heard of a "short shifter" for the auto man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt think so. But do you think you could just take the shaft out or do you have to remove the whole unit??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
lillill13 said:
i didnt think so. But do you think you could just take the shaft out or do you have to remove the whole unit??

No idea the idea is ludacris to me, and have not really thought about it

its auto I put it in D and leave it alone

if I wanted a man. I would have gotten one :lol:

I don't need to hold it
 

·
Hello World
Joined
·
3,733 Posts
I recently replaced chrome ball to Razo RA93. It does not perfectly fit at all, so I modded it(the knob) to fit on my E-shift shaft because the shiftknob spins every time I shift gear. Looks great, though
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top