Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im kinda a noob when finding stuff around the car. I was wondering if anyone could help point me to the direction of the parking lights. Some pics would be prefered since im a visual person but any help at all will be great. I did some searching but didnt come up with anything that i though would help me. Also when splicing into wires, do I just cut it and solder it and then tape it up nicely or is there some sort of wire connecters that are better. Thanks very much for any help.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
parking/city lights - look directly straight on at your headlights. you should see a small bulb in the top of the inner circle. turn your parking lights on, and that little light will light up. look directly behind that light on the inside of your engine bay, and you'll find a bunch of wires going into a plastic plug. turn the plug in the direction that loosens it (there should be little knobby things for you to grip onto), and the assembly comes out. simply pull out the old bulb, and replace it with the new.

you might want to wear latex gloves in the switching part so you don't damage the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. To those wires that go into those lights that i need to splice into for DDE's?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yes. And I would recommend soldering the connection.

Reactions: ScarecroW

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Im guessing but I would also need to put some heatshrink around the wires to. Will there be any problems with the wires melting since im guess the wires are rated for 90 degrees celcius(190F). Thanks

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
ScarecroW said:
Thanks. Im guessing but I would also need to put some heatshrink around the wires to. Will there be any problems with the wires melting since im guess the wires are rated for 90 degrees celcius(190F). Thanks

heat-shrink or elect. tape will work

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks imprimus:) +rep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts