Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, can you believe an American actually brightened up my day :eek: :wink:

I went online to buy an X-Box from EB Games. I frist tried thier Canadian site @ ebgames.ca, but was re-directed to the international site @ ebgames.com.

But before that, the canadian site assured me that by purchasing from the american site, I wouldn't be charged any canadian taxes or duty fees.

So heck, I was actually saving money by buying from the US...even with the exchange rate. :eek:

But after they sent me an order confirmation email, they stated that an addition 20% may be charged for duty and/or import fees.

So I replied stating what the canadian site states, and within a few minutes they replied back to assure me that no additional charges will be applied.

I was pretty shocked that they got back to me so soon. Usually it takes any online store a day to get back to you.

So anyways, that was just an experience I thought I'd share with you if anyone is looking to buy online.

Happy Monday :D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I've been buying DVD's off the Canadian Amazon Site, http://www.amazon.ca and it alot cheaper than the American site. I wasn't charged sales tax either. I guess Canada is useful for some things. :lol:

Use coupon code CANADATELUSM or CANADAREWARD for CDN $10 off CDN $50 or Use coupon code CANADASKY535 to get CDN $5 off CDN $35.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
UW IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing