Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say those who want to post a IS300 vs. XXX Car to think about one thing before doing so:

-Most of the IS300 owners here have already given thought to the comparisons brought up in this forum. The owners bought the IS300 because we deemed it to be a "nice car that suits me". If the real purpose of a comparison is to get some advise on what the IS is like, expect a generally positive comment on the IS.

But if you really wanna know what it's like, go test drive one. All an owner can do is basically tell you how much we like the IS300 and what we like about it. As for what we think about the "other" car, we don't own one, and we didn't choose to buy it, so we're going to say that it's nice, but also basically state the reasons we chose not to buy it.

-Dan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, why not say it? It's a valid question, and certainly a valuable one for people who are buying. We achieve nothing by refusing to discuss the IS300 relative to its competition. Sure, some of the people registered today are trolls, but some aren't, and we all love to talk cars.

The IS really is a great car. But is it the best car?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
it can be the BEST car for a certain person, and the WORST car for another. just differentiate between the two and everything's all good =)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm not saying that such questions are not credible. I have to agree that it does make the forum more interesting. BUT, it does have to be asked tastefully, and with the realization that the majority of the answers will be pro-IS300. (Read first post). Basically, I just wanted to say that if someone comes in here asking "which is better, my car or your IS300", they shouldn't be surprised (or irritated) that the answer will be... IS300.

The IS300 just happened to be the BEST CAR for me.

Originally posted by cakennedy:
Yes, why not say it? It's a valid question, and certainly a valuable one for people who are buying. We achieve nothing by refusing to discuss the IS300 relative to its competition. Sure, some of the people registered today are trolls, but some aren't, and we all love to talk cars.

The IS really is a great car. But is it the best car?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe... too funny.

One suggestion though. In the section "I have the following window tint:" the percentages should be switched around. (the xx% refers to the percent of light being let in). OK, I guess I'm nitpicking again. Sorry.

Originally posted by TEG:
Just ask them to use the Easy Post Form

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
ISisBEST
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing