Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 3 weeks ago i got the pioneerD3 and put it in but had to take out the stock amp and never put a new amp in. today i blew out one of my rear speakers and just bought polks and were going put them in tomorrow. the question is is this going happen again if i dont have a amp?

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
I would think you blew out one of the channels on your headunit rather than the rear speaker itself. Are you sure that's what happened?

·
Registered
48 Posts
no it won't happen again the polks or any other after market speaker can handle more power than stock but be careful of playing to low of frequencies if you want rich bass sound. than get a sub and did you run new wire from deck to spkrs? if you did, good.but again just be careful of playing it to loud, just because you have better speakers than stock does'nt mean your not going to blow them. just set your parameters and eq on the deck for clarity sound till you get an amp and subs than have your mids and highs set on high pass at 120Hz and subs at 60-80Hz, well thats my preference. hope this helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm im pretty sure it was the speaker it just sounds like total crap like something shaking around inside it.. also how much watts do the rears have? the ones i bought have 300

·
Registered
48 Posts
never thought of that ItalynStylion good one "duh i got good dob" but i read his question again sounds like it was playing fine till than but thats how i'm reading it. don't know hmmm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts