Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw this car this morning at Serramonte Auto Body Shop

all i can say is hawt!!! love the wide a$$ wheels. now to my questions:

1.) what is the name of the wheel? it looks to be like it is more than 9 in. wide. the car also looks like it has fender flares. if it does, they did a good job. it looks like it came that way from the factory. does anyone know the specs of the wheels installed in this car?

2.) as most of you already know i purchased Flatline's "one of a kind" front bumper grill. i kinda modified it to fit in the TRD cf frame. i removed the little "L" logo, as it had to be repainted (flat black of course). before i put back the logo on the grill, can you guys recommend/suggest optional logos that i can put aside from the little "L" emblem? i want a classy look.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
As for the emblems, maybe a trd emblem, or a plp emblem if you have or are getting plp parts. Or if you can get your hands on one, thr Rod Millen emblem. Thats a sweet emblem but i dont know if they sell it or what, butt all those would look hot on flatelines old grill

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
derekb's car. it's for sale right now in the f/s forum. lots of custom work on that car to make the wheel fit. i think his rears are 10" wide!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the responses.

i went to the body shop that did the fender modification on Derek's car to get an estimate. since the shop don't do custom work it's going to take them a while to do it. i spoke to the guy who did the work on Derek's car and he told me about the extensive labor involved in undertaking such task. rough estimate is at least 60 hours of labor doing the body work alone, so i have decided to scrap this idea. i'll probably just buy an aftermarket wheels that is 9 to 9.5 inches wide. of course i am going to need your help in the wheel offset. i'll post a separate thread in the wheels forum later on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts