Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how old are you?
did you purchase the car or did someone buy it for you?

the ECT button. i met an IS owner at a car wash and noticed it. im pretty sure its similar to my 4runner in that it lets you rev to 5k. do you guys use it? does it help in top speed/low end acceleration?

out of curiosity: what are the basic mods you guys do?
what are the factory options available?

btw, i know you guys got heat with tl owners, but not me. the IS is pretty damn mint if you ask me

last thing: the 'punks' post. someone posted a graph of the most reliable makes. im almost positive that was altered. i recall benz being lower and ack being higher.

take care

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The ECT button is similar to what you said, although I have notice something else when the button is used. It seem to me that the torque converter locks up quicker when you are using the ECT Power button, anything can confirm this? Oh yeah, it does help in acceleration due to the fact that it will down shift and allow you to rev to redline much easier.
As of mods, I am not sure yet, but probably a rear spoiler, an undertray, and then an exhaust (because my tip is a bit dented).
The only factory options available are the leather seat (which comes with almost all the cars), moon roof, Limited Slip Differential, wood trim (whopping 4 pieces), and the heated seat.
BTW, I am 22, and paying the car myself.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just recently stepped in into the 22 yrs old area
and I received IS300 from my parents as my b-day present.
As far as mods, just a normal set up: I/H/E, springs, sport grille, "Toyota" trunk emblem, ALTEZZA trunk emblem, side markers...
But I'm still in the process of break in period, before I'll do the mods that I mentioned before...

[This message has been edited by mystic (edited November 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea ECT controls how quickly the torque converter locks up. I notice more 'abrupt' shifting in ECT power. The engine will rev to 6200 regardless of PWR mode or not just hold it to the floor or else it will shift on you. I will be doing intake/headers/exhaust but I am waiting to find out what TRD plans to do *Supercharger* before making any mods.

------------------
Spectra Blue
Black Leather Ecsaine

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by mr tl:
how old are you?
did you purchase the car or did someone buy it for you?

the ECT button. i met an IS owner at a car wash and noticed it. im pretty sure its similar to my 4runner in that it lets you rev to 5k. do you guys use it? does it help in top speed/low end acceleration?

out of curiosity: what are the basic mods you guys do?
what are the factory options available?

btw, i know you guys got heat with tl owners, but not me. the IS is pretty damn mint if you ask me

last thing: the 'punks' post. someone posted a graph of the most reliable makes. im almost positive that was altered. i recall benz being lower and ack being higher.

take care
I think you are talking about the graph I posted. If anyone altered the image then it would be JD Powers. Right click on the image and select properties. The address is right off the JD Powers website.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I am 20 , and I bought IS300 using the money I make being a man whore. Next year I will be promoted to man pimp. I haven't done any mods yet , but I am looking forward to puting on some gold rims like bubba's. Also, planning on getting some gold trims and gold emblems. gold knobs too.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
ECT button has been on toyota cars for years. my 84 supra had it, and i've seen it on a lot of my friend's toyota trucks too. i niticed in my old supra that it would only make a difference under hard driving.

oh, and 29 and bought all my cars on my own (painfully)...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts