Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering first what type of rear speakers should i replace the stock ones with?

Also i have 2 12's so when i turn the bass to probably the highest setting safe enough for subs the rear speakers distort. So i was wondering if dynamting the whole trunk including the deck where the speakers are would solve the problem?

Who else has dynamat how do you like it?

Thanx for any info! :chill:

·
Registered
17 Posts
speakers

no you will probally have to make a cover panel for under the rear deck to keep the air pressure from pushing the rear speakers to there x-max and making bad noises

as for dynamat i manage 3 stereo shops and this is what i tell all my customers if you are not willing to put a decent hnk of change into dynamat don't do it

for example I had to use 4 whole trunk kits for my trunk to stop all the rattles

trunk kit w/install depending on the shop $259-299 per kit

as for rear speakers listen to them it more or less personal prefrence for the type of sound you are trying to get

hope this was helpful

later jason

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah what he said, the air pressure from the subs is pushing your rear deck speakers up, Covering them might work as he said, I think it would sound better to just port your trunk into the cab Some people cut holes in the rear deck but the easiest way is to just open the ski pass through.
Dynamat rocks It will improve SPL and SQ but IMO is not worth the money and headache unless your an audiophile

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
paying 259 for dynamat is a tad high. If you look around you can get a role of dynamat which does 3 trunks for roughly 60 dollars. As for installation, if you can put on a sticker, you can put on dynamat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.