Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2001 IS300 so yes I'm a newbie, and i have researched all of these issues with no avail

My sunroof controls do not work other than the tilt up, and the dome light there doesn't work either(doesn't really bother me, I just want the sunroof)

My Head Unit will not turn on I just replaced it and still nothing.

The traction control light is flashing, I don't know if this is an issue or if it mean it is on or off but it continually flashes as long as the car is on(the button does nothing)
Edit: I believe this may be from my abs light being on

If anyone could give me some tips or point me in the right direction that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
How’s the car running I think I came across a post about the traction control light and it was related to the vvti sensor going bad

·
3,103 Posts
I just bought a 2001 IS300 so yes I'm a newbie, and i have researched all of these issues with no avail

My sunroof controls do not work other than the tilt up, and the dome light there doesn't work either(doesn't really bother me, I just want the sunroof)

My Head Unit will not turn on I just replaced it and still nothing.

The traction control light is flashing, I don't know if this is an issue or if it mean it is on or off but it continually flashes as long as the car is on(the button does nothing)
Edit: I believe this may be from my abs light being on

If anyone could give me some tips or point me in the right direction that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated
I assume you checked the fuses on the sunroof. Other than that. You will need to take a voltmeter to the wires at the sunroof connector on the motor. To see if it is getting power. If it is. Your motor is probably bad.

As for your other issue. You need to scan it and see what cel codes come up. That will tell you a direction to look for what is wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have got the codes checked just the abs and an o2 sensor come up. The car runs fine and I got the stereo to work. As far as the sunroof it now moves back and only back when I move it forward it goes about 2 inches and retracts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
571 Posts
What codes specifically?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sounds like something is jamming in the sunroof mechanism. They are like the electric windows, when they sense resistance (like your arm being jammed in it) they auto retract. I am not sure about the IS sunroof but i remember in the old days of OEM sunroofs if the mechanism jammed open there was a hex hole somewhere in the mechanism to wind the roof closed manually with a hex key or a socket.

·
3,103 Posts
Code numbers exactly?

The sunroof may be the cable being off or pulley worn. If you do not find anything in the track. Ether way. You will need to remove it to inspect or fix. If you could just get a full replacement in a salvage yard. If you where in Georgia. I have a spare down stairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts