Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to keep this short... cuz i have to goto sleep... yawn..

raced a s2000 today.. on the highway... i pulled on him in 4th gear... (this was earlier today)... about an hour ago..i ran into the same guy at the Pike.. we talked for a while..and then went at it again... ofcourse he beat me.. but he was amazed at my 4th gear...he said he was pushing it as hard as he could.. and i kept pulling away..

on my way home..i raced the new Integra RSX type S.... he kept up for a little...but i continuously pulled away.. that was after i let him jump me too... when we went at it side by side..i got a little jump....but it wasn't even close..i pulled on him pretty hard... but those little cars are pretty quick.. a few bolts ons..and they will be fast as hell..

ok..time for bed... there were lots more races..but im tired...good night

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
WTH...I hope that guy broke-in his RSX before racing it.
probably not. and probably some immature teenage kid who doesn't even know about breaking-in.
but in reality, i think it doesn't REALLY matter unless you're gonna keep the car forever or something.

·
8,107 Posts
I raced against an Integra Type R and an S2000 at the track, and you will not pull on those cars if driven properly, trust me. And they will dust you on corners, again, if the driver knows how to drive, which most don't.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by TicaLis300:

raced a s2000 today.. on the highway... i pulled on him in 4th gear...
I don't think this guy could drive then. Or you got a jump on him and were able to keep puling for a few seconds. The s2000 is so much faster than an IS it's not funny.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and the 330 is supposed to be that much faster too... but i've beaten those cars too... i was pretty much even with the 330 up until 4th.. thats where i started to pull away...

i know the s2000 is quick.. but for some odd reason..my 4th gear kicks ass... believe me or not..or continue to post that ALL of the people I race DONT know how to drive.. i dont really care... im just stating what happened... as i always do...

i know i dont have the fastest car... ****..i cant even beat my girls car.. but for those of you who post this and that.. when you weren't even there... is pretty annoying...

and when u compare each car.... are u thinkin of the mods i've done?? or are u just comparing stock to stock..??

i have many many many people that will back me up when i say...yes..i beat a 330.. when i say..yes i took an s2000 in 4th gear...

ok..im rambling..i haven't eaten today.. im starving..so if i came off a little annoyed..theres ur reason.. the other reason is cuz its just flat out annoying.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Why is it everytime I hear a kill story on an S2000/TypeR/SI/M3 etc. It's always followed up with posts of "well that guy must not know how to drive"???

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning."
Dom. The Fast and the Furious. 2001
How true it is...

·
8,107 Posts
At the Pocono Raceway, I beat an E36 M3, a Camaro Z28, and was only 1 sec behind an Acura NSX. But I don't go around talking about it, cause it doesn't mean my car's faster than an M3, just that I was faster than that driver on that occasion.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Alright, everyone is taking this too seriously. So you beat car X and car Y and car Z. Good for you. But always remember that there will always be someone faster than you. It's more important to have fun (though I can't say that I encourage street racing the slightest bit) than to win, unless you're so insecure about certain parts of your body.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here's my liste of kills:

Supra: Shhhhh, it wasn't a turbo.
Ferrari: Shhhhh, he wasnt' really racing me.
Porsche: Shhhhh, it was a ricer fly by.
Camaro Z28: Shhhhh, roads were wet and he ended up doing a burn out instead.
Corvette: Shhhhh, he gave me a 99999/100000 lead in the 1/4 mile.
Yugo: Of course!

Winning is winning, right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont find it that hard to believe...

An IS300 is a V6, and although S2000's are very fast, a V6 performance engine like the IS300's, can put up a good fight against an engine bangin two less cylinders especially in higher gears (freeway).

just my .02's =)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
an IS300 is an I6 or inline 6.(and yes, there is a huge difference in potential torque output and potential redlines for each motor, the inline having the advantage in both)

Originally posted by TEZA:
I dont find it that hard to believe...

An IS300 is a V6, and although S2000's are very fast, a V6 performance engine like the IS300's, can put up a good fight against an engine bangin two less cylinders especially in higher gears (freeway).

just my .02's =)

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by jdogg:
Why is it everytime I hear a kill story on an S2000/TypeR/SI/M3 etc. It's always followed up with posts of "well that guy must not know how to drive"???

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning."
Dom. The Fast and the Furious. 2001
How true it is...
I gotta take anything said by a person who quotes that movie with a grain or 2 of salt...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Kind of off the topic but does anyone know the 0-60 times of the new eclipse 6 cylinders? My friend just bought one and we havent been able to find the times. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Don't under estimate the S2000 just because its an I4. Like IS300GTE said though, IS300 is a I6 not an V6. I wonder what makes I6 so superior? V's usually have no need for harmonic balancers like I's, correct? Just wondering...

I would NEVER quote that movie; not in a real arguement at least, haha.

Mitsubishi should have kept the turbo. Is the Eclipse's 4G63 engine the same one in the Lancer? I'm a bit random today...

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
For one thing, the S2000 has a huge power-to-weight ratio advantage over the IS300.

As for the I6, it is an inherently-balanced engine configuration, so there is no need for balance shafts, unlike an I4. Furthermore, the I6-derived engine configurations such as the V12 and the Flat-12 are also balanced, and the flat-6 is another naturally-balanced engine.

click for more info

Originally posted by LexusIS886:
Don't under estimate the S2000 just because its an I4. Like IS300GTE said though, IS300 is a I6 not an V6. I wonder what makes I6 so superior? V's usually have no need for harmonic balancers like I's, correct? Just wondering...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your killing me...

The S2000 should be an easy win. Sure, it's
240HP - however, at 8300RPM! It's going to
take anybody driving that car a while to
get it wind it up. So, you should beat it.
If not, well...

As far as beating any other car. Well, maybe
maybe not. It's not really about horse power
anyway. Unless you are drag racing from
a tree, there are other things to take
into consideration.

On a road corse, power is not everything. It
is how the car handles with that power. I'll
give you a super charger any day but I'll
take brakes, rotors, and handling and beat
you every time. Don't forget, you need to
be able to stop...go.

Check some of the track records and see who's
times are cranking now. Most of the records
are being reset by the M3 - low horse power,
but probably the best handling car right now.

Street racing, stop light to stop light is
fun, sure. So is jumping on it on a freeway.
However, the real racing comes on the track.
Too many variables othewise.

Handling baby, it's all about how your car
handles...

Cheers.
oddball

·
Registered
349 Posts
From constantly hearing all the crazy sh1t you do, I gotta tell you that you’re one lucky s.o.b.! I’m not posting this to preach safety, as I’m the least careful person on Earth, but I guess I’m just envious of your luck with police while you’re constantly street racing. Just in the last freaking couple of month I got 2 speeding tickets. Just came back from the court for my “big” one, and let me tell you, there was no mercy on me. I’ve paid almost $300 for the ticket and court fees, and now my insurance can go up as much as double the rate I’m paying now!!! Just FYI.

Be careful.

G.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I do not know why everyone gives Tica such a hard time about his wins. The guy has put some mods on his car that work and we should learn from that. I have seen his car at an Auto-X so I know it is not BS. Tica-you should list your mods in the signature so we can copy you
On another note-you do post a lot of race stories, please be careful, for yourself and others. You should take your car to the track. I am doing Lime Rock on Friday and there are many other dates. I know $ are an issue, but believe me, it is worth it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
16 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing