Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98' Aristo 2jz-gte . If I go single and remove the lines to the twins, will I still have the oil squirters? It seems likey that they would still be functional. Is it something in the block at makes them work?

Second question, Can I use the crank damper pulley from my GE and put it on my GTE?

·
Registered
434 Posts
oil squirters are in the block, and spray the pistons, has nothing to do with the stock twins.. yes u will still have them.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have a 98' Aristo 2jz-gte . If I go single and remove the lines to the twins, will I still have the oil squirters? It seems likey that they would still be functional. Is it something in the block at makes them work?

Second question, Can I use the crank damper pulley from my GE and put it on my GTE?
If you look at the GE vs GTE block, the only difference is the oil squirters, squirter passages, tapped bosses for the stock twin oil feeds and some slight differences in the O rings at the bottome of the block for the middle oil pan. Everything else is interchangeable. I go back and forth between a GE and GTE block and use the same components.

Reactions: Squareback

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks ^^^

Another thing is that I just looked at the ignition coils and they are the same on the aristo and my IS300. i thought GTE's were individual coil packs? I guess not. Does this mean that I will have wasted spark, or can I change that with the standalone?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ok thanks ^^^

Another thing is that I just looked at the ignition coils and they are the same on the aristo and my IS300. i thought GTE's were individual coil packs? I guess not. Does this mean that I will have wasted spark, or can I change that with the standalone?
ALL VVTI(98 and up) 2jz have wasted spark(gte and ge), The non vvti motors like the usdm gtes have individual coils, and yes you can change it to individual coils with a standolone, I DID IT

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I have to have the idividual coil packs to make it idividual spark or can I convert the aristo/IS packs to go idividual with the standalone?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Do I have to have the idividual coil packs to make it idividual spark or can I convert the aristo/IS packs to go idividual with the standalone?
No, you will have to purchase Supra coils or someother aftermarket or OE coil that is individual. There is no way to seperate the spark going to the 'ganged' coils such that it would only fire one cylinder at a time. In wasted spark, you are using one coil to fire 2 cylinders but only one cylinder is at TDC at any given spark event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts