Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple shots from my current build. Stock crank, everything else is fully built. I tried some of that wrinkle black paint on the covers, I like how it came out. Yeah I used the damaged oil cap to prevent overspray, ordered a new one.

Delete or move if I'm off topic.
White Hood Motor vehicle Engineering Audio equipment

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Gear Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Those are the Yaris Denso 90919-02240 coils.
Those are the same ones I use. You have to be careful buying them new. They’re faked by China, so make sure they’re legit Toyota and not Amazon/EBay clones. They’re pretty not cheap from Toyota. I got two full sets for 80$ from a couple junkyard Yaris’. I don’t think that would buy one legit new coil from Toyota. So if they’re brand new and much less than a Benji, they fake.

how much are those coil plate holders
Yeah man those are sharp looking brackets. What brand are those?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
looking great! what size turbo you running? what whp you going for? how much are those coil plate holders
I still have my 61mm eBay turbo. I haven't looked into upgrading yet. Still need to build the wiring harness and install ar5 trans swap. I'm looking for a consistent 500whp for now. I don't want to grenade my ar5. The brackets are like $329 from Southam Engineering. It says Non VVTI but all you have to do is grind a small bit for the valve cover and bracket to fit. Linked Here

We test fitted the ar5 last night. yes I swept first lol. I'm changing the water outlet from the back of the head. It was hitting the firewall. I didn't want to block it off to make sure the head didn't have any hot spots, but would really like to just cap it at back of the head. Does anyone know if the outlet from the back of the head can be capped without causing hot spots in the head? I'm not sure how the flow works. Basically wondering, did they add that just as a way to get water to the heater core? Or is it as necessity for water flow/cooling in the head?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Tire Asphalt

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are the same ones I use. You have to be careful buying them new. They’re faked by China, so make sure they’re legit Toyota and not Amazon/EBay clones. They’re pretty not cheap from Toyota. I got two full sets for 80$ from a couple junkyard Yaris’. I don’t think that would buy one legit new coil from Toyota. So if they’re brand new and much less than a Benji, they fake.

Yeah man those are sharp looking brackets. What brand are those?
Yeah same. I got mine from some junkyard yotas. Paid about $120 for 8 of them. If I bought new I would try to switch to R35 coils, the spark energy is off the charts compared to all other OEM coils I've seen tested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts