Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have finally decided that I want to get some lowering springs for my car. I have read a couple threads on springs and I still have trouble picking out springs. It's going to be one of these three springs: H&R, Tein's or Eibach's. Can you guys please let me know which one of these work the best? Look the best? Ride comfort? thanks.

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
PhatIBP said:
Well, I have finally decided that I want to get some lowering springs for my car. I have read a couple threads on springs and I still have trouble picking out springs. It's going to be one of these three springs: H&R, Tein's or Eibach's. Can you guys please let me know which one of these work the best? Look the best? Ride comfort? thanks.
Hotchkis?

What do you WANT in your springs? Do you want your car lowered as much as possible? Do you want it just a little lower? Do you want maximum performance? Do you want more performance but without affecting the ride too much? Do you plan to go with aftermarket shocks or keep the stockers?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want a 1.5 drop at the most. I plan on getting after market shocks, but not anytime in the near future. I just want a nice clean drop that wont ruin my camber, wear out tires. I'm really not going to go into autox or anything. I just want a nice drop with good quality.

·
Registered
670 Posts
since you want only 1.5 drop, H&R is out of your option...... it drops close to 2"........

I belive eibach drops 1" or little more... so I guess your best bet is Tein..... I believe it gives 1.5 drop that you are looking for....

and my buddy dropped his car using TEIN, and it looks clean and ride is pretty good.....

I believe any time your drop your car more than an inch, you will have negative camber.... correct me ppl if I'm wrong....

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Just to be objective
Tanabe GF210 Specs
Front & Rear spring rate - 6.0kg/mm & 4.3kg/mm
Lowering height Front & Rear - 40mm & 25mm

Compare to Tein S-tech springs
Front & Rear spring rate - 4.9kg/mm & 3.8kg/mm

TANABE GF210 will give you better handling capability than Tein

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
The Hotchkis springs dropped my car about 1" (exactly what I wanted due to my wheel fitment) and I noticed no visible change in rear camber. (Not that I don't need an alignment anyway.)

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
YellowIS5spd said:
Just to be objective
Tanabe GF210 Specs
Front & Rear spring rate - 6.0kg/mm & 4.3kg/mm
Lowering height Front & Rear - 40mm & 25mm

Compare to Tein S-tech springs
Front & Rear spring rate - 4.9kg/mm & 3.8kg/mm

TANABE GF210 will give you better handling capability than Tein
i still lvove mine man :chill: 8) cealn drop everyone that has seen them loves them, still a good ride if that worry's you, camber is fine, might abe a little more than 1.5 but not much Xcm/2.54 is the conversion to inches but its clean

yellow is 5 speed if you still haev those pictures up they are pretty decent display of the drop, haveen't cahnegsd much since then, camber is perfect by the way

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
you might want to lookinto some shocks to be safe, especialyl if your not installing cause it's expensive. not super important, i know people that went 50k miles on stock shocks and teins are just fine. whatch yourself in those car wash things and bumps, and sudden hills.. i scrapped within an hour of gettin my springs on...

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
somguy2u said:
you might want to lookinto some shocks to be safe, especialyl if your not installing cause it's expensive. not super important, i know people that went 50k miles on stock shocks and teins are just fine. whatch yourself in those car wash things and bumps, and sudden hills.. i scrapped within an hour of gettin my springs on...
does it drop it that low?

i want to get some springs for my car soon, but i dont want to be scared of scraping especially that easily. I just want to drive comfortably. Do you guys think dropping it w/ eibachs/hotchkis (~1") will still look good w/ the stock rims or would the Tein/Tanabe (~1.5") look better and is worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
its not hat hard to get used to, simple things liek stopping short of the crb when you are in parking lots and some steephills you migh have to take at a slight angle, not a big change ver all, just one of those things to look out for. i wuldn't worry tooo much with 1-1.5 but be aware that you are lower was my point, check cleaarnances on things :chill:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.