Lexus IS Forum banner

A couple questions from a newbie

528 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HIBBoyScott 
#1 ·
Not sure if my e-shift is working correctly. Even at standstill, when I move the gear selector over the M, the LED shows 5. Shouldn't it automatically start at 1? The LED always reads 5 no matter what speed I was going at when I moved the selector to M.

Second question, what's is the black button that's on the center console to the right of the front driver seat? I couldn't find anything in the user manual. Is this the fuel shut off switch?

Thanks for any information.

#2 ·
The manual mode doesn't activate til you hit a shift button.

Originally posted by Petey00:
Not sure if my e-shift is working correctly. Even at standstill, when I move the gear selector over the M, the LED shows 5. Shouldn't it automatically start at 1? The LED always reads 5 no matter what speed I was going at when I moved the selector to M.

Second question, what's is the black button that's on the center console to the right of the front driver seat? I couldn't find anything in the user manual. Is this the fuel shut off switch?

Thanks for any information.

#3 ·
Petey,

Yes, the M mode will automatically put you in 5, by design. My understanding is that this was designed so that you would not over-rev your engine in case you switched to M mode at high speeds.

To me, this has been kind of annoying, cause if you are at a stop, you have to click down a few times to 2nd before you take off.

I wonder if there will be any aftermarket computer updates to fix this problem????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.