Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm a newbie to this forum, but as the proud owner of a shiny new IS I figured I'd say hi. I bought this car to replace my '01 A4, and so far I'm more than thrilled with the car, especially in the quality and refinement. Wow!

The pics are a bit washed out, and I didn't get a chance to "pose" it much since this was the first glimmer of sun we've had in two weeks.

Near as the dealer can figure this is one of the first '04s with this color combo and 5-speed to show up, and it's got everything but navigation. They were stunned when it showed up since they thought I was crazy getting a car without ever seeing the color. They had people trying to buy it as soon as it rolled off the truck! Now that makes me feel good about my decision.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!!!

G

·
8,849 Posts
Congratulations!
Nice color - you made a wise decision.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yeah color does look pretty sweet. Goodluck and happy modding. Peace.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I can't wait to see some of these, and the IIP's being modded. Should be good reading in the coming months.

By the way, the schpeel about people "buying them off the back of a truck" is bull, the dealer just wanted you to feel good about giving him your money--and it worked. =)

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't like this color. :-? It looks bland to me.

Regardless, you made a wise decision man! Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
T Man said:
I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't like this color. :-? It looks bland to me.

Regardless, you made a wise decision man! Enjoy the car!
It's sort of the illegitimate child of MSM and IBP and doesn't look stunning stock, but I think it would look good modified.

Picture the car with a Win kit on 19" Kreuzer V's. =)

Black headlights, DC tails and emblems, etc.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Congrat.!! :D nice color!! and you're the only one who has this new color!! (am I right?! :roll: )

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
congrats on the purchase.
Can you take more pics of the color?

The pics make it seem like a pastel

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
nice, welcome to michigan....get ready for the snow.

what part are you from?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not to be rude or anything but I still don't understand why so many people on this forum post pics of their cars when it's completely stock. I' not trying to be hatin' or nothing but why post pics of your cars when it's completely stock? We can just go to the dealership and check them out if that's the case. I, for one, don't see the point in this. Anyone else agree?

Curtis

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
LexNeffect said:
Not to be rude or anything but I still don't understand why so many people on this forum post pics of their cars when it's completely stock. I' not trying to be hatin' or nothing but why post pics of your cars when it's completely stock? We can just go to the dealership and check them out if that's the case. I, for one, don't see the point in this. Anyone else agree?

Curtis
To a point, but there's a certain elation when you buy a new car, and you want to share it with the world, wether they care or not.

In this case though, it's a new color, and there aren't many pictures yet. Some people don't even know about the new colors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jupiterfish said:
nice, welcome to michigan....get ready for the snow.

what part are you from?
Actually, I've lived in Michigan my whole life. Went to school at Michigan Tech, so believe me, I've seen snow.

I figured some people might want to see this color, even though it really doesn't come out well in pictures (at least with my camera). I'll try and get some more if the weather cooperates. Even if I did do some mods on it, I doubt you'd see them since it would be all under hood and non-visual from the outside. I build sleepers. That truck in the right runs low 14s and is the tow vehicle for all of my other project/race cars. The Lexus is a daily driver for my wife, but after she is done with it in 3 years I plan to keep it and start hopping it up for myself.

Just wanted to say hi and show some pics of a new color combo you might not see. The color is actually much darker in person, and is really a close cousin to Graphite, but with blue in it.

Later,

G

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, that's cool.....just that I didn't really think of it from this point of view and wondered why so many people have posted pics of their cars before in the past, even if it's colors that most people have seen everyday. I understand your view where your color is brand new but I've seen a lot of people most completely stock black colored IS300 and other more common colors. But I understand ÜberPhLuBB's comment so that's cool.

Curtis

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
BEA-YOO-TIFUL color!! :D if i had held out for a 2004, i would have picked the same color...

but i love my TCM SD nonetheless! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
great color :) now all you need to do is to drop it an inch or two and you will be set, no more family sedan it will now be a sport sedan with an agressive outlook on life :crazy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts