Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my apologies to all the honda owners out there...but i just hate honda civics...every one and their momma's momma's mama has one and it is just so funny to me. I remember once when me and my friends counted all the honda aluminum civics we saw on the road...i dont remember but the count was obscene...i just needed to get that out since this is a Lexus shop....kill the civics.....haha

TRD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by nemesiss (edited December 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
abso-fu cken-lutely. couldn't agree more, you would probably like a website that i found, it is funny CLICK HERE (www.sh*tonhonda.com)

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited December 02, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited December 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i love toyota/lexus too.
true the civic is everywhere...
but you have to give honda/acura props because their cars have some potential.
i.e all motor CRX (w/ H23 '93 prelude motor) can run 10's. maybe even lower, now.
i'll respect any car that can put out a ratio of 100 HP per liter or can make over 400HP. so i dont see why you're bashing civics and integras. GSR integra 1.8 liter puts out about 180. thats like 100HP per liter. come on you gots to respect that.
and if anyone is gonna bash them because they see to many of them, it should be someone from my school, UCI...university of civics and integras

------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl with nothing on the trunk except the Big L.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by nemesiss:
my apologies to all the honda owners out there...but i just hate honda civics...every one and their momma's momma's mama has one and it is just so funny to me. I remember once when me and my friends counted all the honda aluminum civics we saw on the road...i dont remember but the count was obscene...i just needed to get that out since this is a Lexus shop....kill the civics.....haha

oh..one more thing...civics are a piece of [email protected] are acura integras....

TRD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by nemesiss (edited December 01, 2000).]
oh please

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Honda's potential does not constitute dropping a bigger powerplant into a much lighter chassis. If that was the case I guess you could say my GTI has potential after I swap motors with a 4.2 V8 from an Audi. However I will say that naturally VTEC has revolutionized the way automakers have designed engines. ie. DoubleVANOS, VVT-i, etc.. and these are the type of footsteps that make a leader. Inovation rather than imitation.

Sure, Civics are everywhere on the road, but have you ever stopped to really wonder why?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i have, because they are cheap, fuel efficient, fairly reliable cars, that alot of parents get for there kids. since those kids already have a platform, they decide to put money into supping it up, instead of doing it the correct way, and buying a sports car that is fast and making it faster. most of it is circumstantial, some is by choice. i think the originals, way back in the day, just wanted to be the underdog and be different, but it is virtually impossible to be different with a civic now, unless you don't modify it

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nemesiss: Can you be any more ingorant to people's financial situation? Maybe mommy and daddy bought your car, either that or you make enough cash to buy a nice car. You live in the bay area and you know how high rent is. Frankly an civc/integra is a little more realistic than a BMW, Lexus or whatever. Quit being a dick about it and get a life

·
Registered
281 Posts
u know wat??
just leave dat foo only...
hes probably on something...
i give props to HONDA/ACURA cos they make good realiable cars for a decent price...

not everyone is a spoiled rich boy....
some ppl have better things to spend there money on instead of getting a $30000+ ride...
u know there r some pretty nice fixed up rides out there...
have u ever been to an import showoff???
i have and
ppl like to show there creativity through there rides....i give em props...

i mean i luv IS's, but im sick of ppl who bash on perfectly good cars...
honestly a honda civic will probably out last ur car anywayz..

i think nemesiss will shut up after a turbo civic or integra kick his ***..

late

·
Registered
759 Posts
Most people in the Import tuning trend call the IS 300 the Toyota Civic for it's popularity with the Tuning crowd...insult or compliment...I took it as a compliment so I got an IS 300. And anyway I have a Honda in my driveway that is much more fun to drive than almost any car out there.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Any jackass who wants to say Honda can't make a car, or an even worse accusation, dissing their engine production capability, is just that, a jackass idiot. Shut up.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
give me a break, i see camrys everywhere too. civics are economical cars and well, sure you may never want to drive one but one man's trash is another man's treasure. civics have good drag racing potential if you know what you're doing becuase of their light weight, but give honda owners a break, their cars arent' taht bad.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Actually I beat a TRD Solara with my normally aspirated Accord...what give a super charger and a manual vs an automatic V6...must be the VTEC
. Actually what I notice about this board is you have elitists (sp? used affectionately cause it's nice to say "I have a Lexus"), and import enthusiasts...I am an enthusiast and I must say some people on here think a Civic is a 12K economy car...but when you have people spending tens of thousands of dollars to make something they call their own...it's a statement of being unique. Don't call a Civic...inferior because it is inexpensive...to some people it is a canvas to start creating with.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
201 Posts
True. To a person who doesn't care about what they drive very much, a Civic would suit them just fine. It's economical and well built. I don't think those people nor their choice in cars should be down played.
Originally posted by mrclam:
give me a break, i see camrys everywhere too. civics are economical cars and well, sure you may never want to drive one but one man's trash is another man's treasure. civics have good drag racing potential if you know what you're doing becuase of their light weight, but give honda owners a break, their cars arent' taht bad.

------------------

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
my apologies to all the lexus owners out there. but i just hate lexuses. everyone and their momma's momma's mama has an es300 and it isj ust so funny to me. i remember once when me and my friends counted all the lexuses we saw on the road, i don't remember but the count was obscene...just needed to get that out since this is a lexus shop, kill the lexuses....haha

the more i think about your post nemesis, the more idiotic i think it was. hondas are in no way bad cars and comet othink of it, honda does VERY well with performance. i have to respect honda for at least staying in teh sports car market unlike toyota who boned out at the first sign that it'd be hard to sell a sports car for a ridiculous price. i could rag on lexus all day long cause it has NO PERFORMANCE. blah balh balh the gs400 was the fastest sedan in production...not anymore, the e55 and m5 OWN the gs400, and oh, don't mention the price because you ARE talking about hondas right now so to those cars, you are like hondas as well. the gs400 handles like a freaking boat and lexus doesnt' know what the word "manual transmission" means. as for the is300? its not fast, it doesn't corner TAHT well, decent for a sports sedan, but we're looking for something special right? it handles just like every other sport sedan out there. i know most of you on this board didnn't buy the is300 for performance, and honestly i can respect that. not everyone wants balls out speed, including me. ragging on hondas is really snobby and stupid. you guys are not much better. (this does not refer to all is300 posters, just a select few) different strokes for different folks. learn it and you might learn something someday.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Originally posted by kkambbak9399:
u know wat??
just leave dat foo only...
hes probably on something...
i give props to HONDA/ACURA cos they make good realiable cars for a decent price...

not everyone is a spoiled rich boy....
some ppl have better things to spend there money on instead of getting a $30000+ ride...
u know there r some pretty nice fixed up rides out there...
have u ever been to an import showoff???
i have and
ppl like to show there creativity through there rides....i give em props...

i mean i luv IS's, but im sick of ppl who bash on perfectly good cars...
honestly a honda civic will probably out last ur car anywayz..

i think nemesiss will shut up after a turbo civic or integra kick his ***..

late
I take it "props" is a good thing?

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
90 Posts
Honda makes excellent cars, esp. in the engine (VTEC), suspension (double-wishbones), and excellent gearbox (short, precise, and crisp throws). Believe it or not, those Civics are more fun to drive than a comparable Corolla, so don't put down Honda. There's a reason they are the best selling compact sedan (over Corolla, Sentra, etc).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GPR...shudafckup....taking things straight to the dome....its just a opinion...shure we all get critism...but wuts with the vernacular...

dyam..us is owners have been posting things like this on this net since it first came out...and people like you always come firing up our forums...

dyam..i see u firing all these dyam forums with ur idiocratic comments...

u got issues homeboy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
nemesiss...im with u...i been on this net since back in june and there always gotta be one stupid idiot who has something "stupid" to say. sorrie hunnie...but GPR...your gay.

hunnyIS

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts