Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I would like some input from you guys. I have an 01 that turned 5 yrs old last month.

My A/C only comes on when the defroster is on. When I push the button on the dash I can hear the relay click but the compressor does not engage. I have searched and only found issues with setting defaults.

I did take the controls apart to verify that was not the issue and did notice that there was some wear/corrosion on the brass strips that sit behind the knobs. This could be the issue but doubt it since the defroster engages the compressor like clock work. All the fuses are okay as well.

I dont use my A/c much at all so this really is not an issue but I am curious if this is a wear issue and if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
That is very strange. Does the light on the AC button turn on when you press it?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BossMan said:
That is very strange. Does the light on the AC button turn on when you press it?

It does!! THis one really has me stumped. I really think its the heater control. I just do not have a way to test it except for the trial and error method with a donor set of controls. If it was my daily driver it would be an issue but since its a show car and sit often its really not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
freon?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts