Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this has been covered but, when i turn up my air control (one with the A/C button) the AC automaticly goes on. why? i mean i can have the heat up to like 80 and when i move the air control AC goes on and doesnt go off untill i turn it off.

·
8,849 Posts
It's the Auto-AC-ON feature that Car Mags wanted. Should be part of the climate control, they said.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The car mags are stupid if they think this was a bonus. Every time I turn my heat on I've got to turn the AC off. What kind of convienence item is that?

It's an annoyance.

·
8,849 Posts
One more thing,
The 2001 model did not have that annoying "feature", for which IS300 was critisized for.

That feature can be disabled by the dealer through options programming. The dealer will claim to have no knowledge of such capability, but it's there, as well as 4 door unlock with one push of a button and earlier auto lights-on adjust.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
vlad_a said:
That feature can be disabled by the dealer through options programming. The dealer will claim to have no knowledge of such capability, but it's there, as well as 4 door unlock with one push of a button and earlier auto lights-on adjust.
hmmm, good to know. thanks, vlad_a! :D will that stop how the recirculate button automatically turns on too? i'll check into those things the next time i'm at the dealer...

·
8,849 Posts
thundercloud080903 said:
hmmm, good to know. thanks, vlad_a! :D will that stop how the recirculate button automatically turns on too? i'll check into those things the next time i'm at the dealer...
That's a separate option that can also be changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts