Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
The compressor clutch won't pick up if there are 4 conditions, dual pressure switch and rotor lock detection being two things that will prevent the clutch to engage. I would avoid using cans and use a guage manifold set. Pressures should be 40 psi on low and 140-150 on high i believe. Open the glove box and take it out. Try the control functions to see if the noise is related to one of the three servo motor systems. They are plastic, need greased maybe and are common to be noisy when they fail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The vibration that we have all struggled with is the AC Fan, really. The radiator has two fans, the big one is to cool the engine and the small one is for the AC. When the small one starts going bad it feels like it shaking the whole car and the noise is the low grumbling hmm.

·
4,447 Posts
The vibration that we have all struggled with is the AC Fan, really. The radiator has two fans, the big one is to cool the engine and the small one is for the AC. When the small one starts going bad it feels like it shaking the whole car and the noise is the low grumbling hmm.
Old dead thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old dead thread.
Quote by Stephen King: “Sooner or later, everything old is new again.”
It's interesting you care. I have an old car that I'm trying to prevent death, and I could find no answer to the question; people were suggesting all kinds of things. If it helps one person, it was worth it. Did a break a rule?

·
4,447 Posts
Quote by Stephen King: “Sooner or later, everything old is new again.”
It's interesting you care. I have an old car that I'm trying to prevent death, and I could find no answer to the question; people were suggesting all kinds of things. If it helps one person, it was worth it. Did a break a rule?
No rules are broken. Just old and been discussed several times in other threads also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just searching this issue. Funny you just brought this thread back 5 days ago. I have a car with a loud humming and vibration. It randomly does it when we 1st start the car.

I narrowed it down to the a/c fan.

always good to see people follow up on old threads because these are the ones google brings us to.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts