Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people have said the Impreza is ugly and the best I've heard is "it looks rugged". There are some benefits to owning an ugly car:

1)no one will car jack you
2)no one will challenge you at stoplights
3)Dealers can't charge a "hot car" tax like they do with the TT and S2000..
4)Easier to remain celibate if you are a priest.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My stance is that the Impreza has "Character"

As with many things it's virtue is buried deep under its distinct exterior.

As someone with a finite budget, I am seriously considering a car that is not as comely as the is but can outperform it where it counts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Those reasons sound similar to reasons to date a girl for her "character":

1)no other guy will fight you for her
2)no one will challenge you at bars & clubs
3)she'll be low maintenance
4)you'll want to remain celibate

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was actually trying to avoid the woman/car metaphor.

All I'm saying is that beauty is subjective.

I actually like the styling of the new scooby. It's different.

Granted it doesn't have the elegant lines of the IS, but for $10k less and 4wd(I live in Pa where it snows alot) I can live with that.

I actually haven't made a decision either way. But if I get the Impreza , I wouldn't be settleing just reassessing my priorities.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
if you want performance, why not just go for a domestic car. vet? mustang? that's alot of performance for the buck, and they look better IMO.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of F-bodies and Mustangs are of little use besides straight line performance. Like the neanderthals of yore, they are bigger and stronger than the other cars, but they aren't as quick on their feet. Breaks in the road will make them lose traction because they don't have IRS (Cobra being the exception). The new Impreza should handle well, have good acceleration and have a little bit more creature comforts. Even if you just compare straight line performance Impreza can hold it's own:

0-60
Impreza Turbo/WRX 5.9 (mfr claim)
Ford Mustang GT 6.4 (from carpoint)

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited October 25, 2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Chiphead
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing