Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I was hoping for a little more rear camber correction, but I guess it's better than nothing. With a 2"-2.5" drop, will this kit+OEM rear toe adjustment be able to get everything lined up properly?

5. With a visible marker, mark the control arm through the bracket hole. This area is to be removed using tool #85125 or equivalent. Elongate the existing hole in the control arm to the marks.
Does the kit come with the carbide rotary file 85125? Since I can't go back to the stock camber bolt, I'd like to know how the construction of the SPC kit compare to OEM? Have there been instances of any failures? Also, I saw the link to place an order for both front & rear kits. Do you have a link for just the rear kit?

Thanks

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was hoping for a little more rear camber correction, but I guess it's better than nothing. With a 2"-2.5" drop, will this kit+OEM rear toe adjustment be able to get everything lined up properly?

Does the kit come with the carbide rotary file 85125? Since I can't go back to the stock camber bolt, I'd like to know how the construction of the SPC kit compare to OEM? Have there been instances of any failures? Also, I saw the link to place an order for both front & rear kits. Do you have a link for just the rear kit?

Thanks
The rotary file can be purchased seperatley and is an SPC part, but honestly, it can be attained locally for much less. SPC is an ISO9007 company that is an OEM Supplier. The quality of the pieces are up to par with OEM and everything has a lifetime warranty. There have thus far been no failures with any bolt kit made by SPC.

We currently just have the link for front and rear, so if you can please paypal: [email protected] for the rear. We will ship this ASAP monday morning.

Edward

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Payment sent. Can you please tell me what size rotary file will be needed in place of 85125? Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Payment sent. Can you please tell me what size rotary file will be needed in place of 85125? Thanks.
shipped your kit. We forgot 1 of the pieces, so we sent a second shipment right away same day with the second one. Just an FYI so your not worried when you get the first one.

Eddie

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Thanks, but what diameter rotary file is required to elongate the hole?

·
Read Only
1,281 Posts
newbie questions.. any idea what's the cost associated with intalling them on the car??? If the camber is back to spec, would that garantee for the toe to fall back to spec as well?? what are the "Recomended' specs for 1IS?? Thanks

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
newbie questions.. any idea what's the cost associated with intalling them on the car??? If the camber is back to spec, would that garantee for the toe to fall back to spec as well?? what are the "Recomended' specs for 1IS?? Thanks
The recommended specs are given by the alignment shop or dealership. I currently don't have that info on file. Now, each corner is rated at 1/2 of labor so its 2 hours of labor at a standard shop rate of $75 should yeild $150. You should be able, depending on your drop, to get everything back into OEM spec.

Eddie

·
Read Only
1,281 Posts
The recommended specs are given by the alignment shop or dealership. I currently don't have that info on file. Now, each corner is rated at 1/2 of labor so its 2 hours of labor at a standard shop rate of $75 should yeild $150. You should be able, depending on your drop, to get everything back into OEM spec.

Eddie
Sweet... thanks alot man! I got about 1.5” drop I think… never really measured the before and after, so I can’t really tell. I used to work at a Toyota dealership for a few years, so the alignment guy is actually my buddy... hopefully he'll hook me up! ;)

Now, I saw on their website that they were selling "special tools" to go with the parts (obviously they cost extra)... but are they really needed if I’m taking it to a shop?? (is there some sort of drilling involved to install the back pieces??)

I might really give this a try before buying my new set of wheels… the ones I have now are almost done on the inside with more than half of the tread left on the outside! :pissed:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
DS2K, I am in the same boat as you. My tires are just about dead. As soon as my new wheels come in, I'll have the rear kit installed. As for the special tools, according to the directions provided, all you need is a carbide rotary file.

The rotary file can be purchased seperatley and is an SPC part, but honestly, it can be attained locally for much less. SPC is an ISO9007 company that is an OEM Supplier. The quality of the pieces are up to par with OEM and everything has a lifetime warranty. There have thus far been no failures with any bolt kit made by SPC.

Edward

·
Registered
620 Posts
So these just replace the OEM balljoints and cambers?

Sorry for the newbie question, I am completely clueless when it comes to suspension parts.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So these just replace the OEM balljoints and cambers?

Sorry for the newbie question, I am completely clueless when it comes to suspension parts.
But you are 100% correct. These are replacements that have further travel than the OEM ones.

Eddie

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm dropped two inches and have no tire wear issues and, except for a recent happening, have had no issues getting my car into alignment spec. for the past 2-3 years. You don't have anything to fix/replace a broken frame-side mounting bracket on a rear toe adjustment rod, do you? The bracket that's actually part of the frame where the toe rod connects to.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm dropped two inches and have no tire wear issues and, except for a recent happening, have had no issues getting my car into alignment spec. for the past 2-3 years. You don't have anything to fix/replace a broken frame-side mounting bracket on a rear toe adjustment rod, do you? The bracket that's actually part of the frame where the toe rod connects to.
That would be an OEM part, we do not have anything to alleviate the problem with this.

Edward

21 - 40 of 501 Posts