Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please no flaming

I have seen this with my very own eyes and also heard the entire swap can run for around $4000 - 5000 complete. Its a 95-96 Aristo 2jz non Vvti motor with the brake booster running behind the intake manifold. I heard that that this motor directly bolts on to the IS300 and you can found for under $2000 shipped. Also I believe they came out with two types one with the brake booster running behind the intake manifold and one that doesn't (not sure if that is correct) The one that does will bolt on to the ISs mounts. Also when doing this swap you obveously lose Vvti. The factory ecu is still retained and can be run with the motor and in one cause I saw my friend has no ecu just running stock ecu. I saw another case where they ran a SAFC. I spoke with the shop that did for him and he told it would cost $2500 in labor and I have to find the motor but he won't tell me how he did it.

If anybody has helpful info or has any knowledge of this please post.

This person I was talking about lives in south florida area drives a DWP Is300 with Piaa super rozzas 19 staggered wheels and a Wald front lip.

The second person which I met 3 days ago has a GGP and was running the stock twin as well with the SAFC.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Please no flaming

I have seen this with my very own eyes and also heard the entire swap can run for around $4000 - 5000 complete. Its a 95-96 Aristo 2jz non Vvti motor with the brake booster running behind the intake manifold. I heard that that this motor directly bolts on to the IS300 and you can found for under $2000 shipped. Also I believe they came out with two types one with the brake booster running behind the intake manifold and one that doesn't (not sure if that is correct) The one that does will bolt on to the ISs mounts. Also when doing this swap you obveously lose Vvti. The factory ecu is still retained and can be run with the motor and in one cause I saw my friend has no ecu just running stock ecu. I saw another case where they ran a SAFC. I spoke with the shop that did for him and he told it would cost $2500 in labor and I have to find the motor but he won't tell me how he did it.

If anybody has helpful info or has any knowledge of this please post.

This person I was talking about lives in south florida area drives a DWP Is300 with Piaa super rozzas 19 staggered wheels and a Wald front lip.

The second person which I met 3 days ago has a GGP and was running the stock twin as well with the SAFC.
sounds like Silenced_IS300's car. didnt he have issues with motor mounts on the non vvti motor?

http://my.is/forums/f87/pics-my-car-335161/

·
Registered
785 Posts
let's say the engine is 2000 + 2500 in labor that's allready $4500, what about intercooler, piping ECT if your paying someone to do it its going to cost you at least $8000

Reactions: DIN300

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
That includes everything invluding intercooler, piping etc.
sounds too good to be true....the engine mounts wont work though on those pre 98 gte motors....

sooooo........you are def looking at more $$$$$ ;)

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
That includes everything invluding intercooler, piping etc.
There is NO way $2500 in labor include the I/C, fuel pump, return setup, turbo inlet mods, PS resevoir mods, exhaust, blah blah.

O...and the little thing called ENGINE MANAGEMENT!

The only way it'll ever come this cheap is if you literally did everything yourself like I did. Otherwise...prepare to empty your wallet.

Not to mention if you paid only $2500, you probably have a less than reputable shop doing the work only to give you an end product of less than mediocre quality. And you'll prob have tons of problems to sort out on your own and never get the car running right.

If anyone tells you they can do this on an SAFC...run. Run FAR away. They do NOT know what the hell they are doing. The stock MAF, will run out of metering bandwidth and your setup will go lean at the top end. Not to mention the detonation that will happen w/o timing control.

They are lieing to you and you are kidding yourself if you really thing you can do it for this price. I've talked to TONS of people doing this swap and the reality is so far from what you think it is. And so many that go into it thinking it's straightforward only to spend months and years sorting things out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like a bs story. werent you supposed to be boosted already with haltech and a built motor, and didnt u get beat by the mercedes amg van in your STREET thread. lol

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
There is NO way $2500 in labor include the I/C, fuel pump, return setup, turbo inlet mods, PS resevoir mods, exhaust, blah blah.

O...and the little thing called ENGINE MANAGEMENT!

The only way it'll ever come this cheap is if you literally did everything yourself like I did. Otherwise...prepare to empty your wallet.

Not to mention if you paid only $2500, you probably have a less than reputable shop doing the work only to give you an end product of less than mediocre quality. And you'll prob have tons of problems to sort out on your own and never get the car running right.

If anyone tells you they can do this on an SAFC...run. Run FAR away. They do NOT know what the hell they are doing. The stock MAF, will run out of metering bandwidth and your setup will go lean at the top end. Not to mention the detonation that will happen w/o timing control.

They are lieing to you and you are kidding yourself if you really thing you can do it for this price. I've talked to TONS of people doing this swap and the reality is so far from what you think it is. And so many that go into it thinking it's straightforward only to spend months and years sorting things out.

I didn't believe when they told that the 95 to 96 has the same bolts as the aristo 98+. I don't believe either but that is why I am asking

·
Registered
332 Posts
No offense to you or Eddy, but his engine is not installed correctly - he used custom engine mounts and the engine is sitting way up front. He could not use his stock radiator fan and everything had to be moved on the side. I saw the car, I was at the meeting. I have the Aristo VVT-i swap ('01 blue mica) and that swap costs between $12-15K depending on what you have done. Yes, it is expensive but whoever has seen my car can vouch that everything works and looks stock...no harness around the bay, no loose wires...no corners cut. The prices you are talking about are unheard of and it seems that someone is trying to pull your leg...
Whoever wants to see how the swap is done and/or is interested in one, just PM me or come and visit the shop (GR Technologies) - directions at GR Technologies - 954.916.6660

There is a White IS300 with PIAA 19inch super rozza's wald front lip in SOUTH FLORIDA. he is one of the 2 people that I know that had that swap his name is Eddy. He hangs around with Skylines and other RHD 'ers.

He showed up to the JM Luxes 2007 meet.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
No offense to you or Eddy, but his engine is not installed correctly - he used custom engine mounts and the engine is sitting way up front. He could not use his stock radiator fan and everything had to be moved on the side. I saw the car, I was at the meeting. I have the Aristo VVT-i swap ('01 blue mica) and that swap costs between $12-15K depending on what you have done. Yes, it is expensive but whoever has seen my car can vouch that everything works and looks stock...no harness around the bay, no loose wires...no corners cut. The prices you are talking about are unheard of and it seems that someone is trying to pull your leg...
Whoever wants to see how the swap is done and/or is interested in one, just PM me or come and visit the shop (GR Technologies) - directions at GR Technologies - 954.916.6660
I saw the pics of that car...and bgr is correct. the engine was sitting way to close to the front. my mechanic saw the car and was dissapointed in the shop who did the swap. here is a pic of his old IS300 with the aristo swap done
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw the pics of that car...and bgr is correct. the engine was sitting way to close to the front. my mechanic saw the car and was dissapointed in the shop who did the swap. here is a pic of his old IS300 with the aristo swap done
[/IMG]
Thats a sick as swap!!!. how much does it run to do this swap?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[/IMG]
The shop that did this swap THE AUTO SHOP and this car made 490RWHP on 17 or 18 PSI I know about this car. This car was first put together in the summer of 2005 and in between christmas 2006 and new years the car was done and tuned. I sat shot gun inside the car and surprising to me this car was pretty fast and somehow still had the stock traction control. But the tranmission on the car was pushed and it blew. The car was then stripped and the motor sits inside a GS300.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, you know who I am talking about the shop that did that did it for less then 2500 in labor. but they used the non vvti and that was what they told me when I called them. I was also told by someone else that the 9596 aristo non vvti can bolt to the IS that is why I am asking. I will call up the shop and ask for more details on the swap.

Also that car had no Engine management too.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The shop that did this swap THE AUTO SHOP and this car made 490RWHP on 17 or 18 PSI I know about this car. This car was first put together in the summer of 2005 and in between christmas 2006 and new years the car was done and tuned. I sat shot gun inside the car and surprising to me this car was pretty fast and somehow still had the stock traction control. But the tranmission on the car was pushed and it blew. The car was then stripped and the motor sits inside a GS300.
well, since you know this car and rode in the car, why dont you have this shop do the swap for you? the AUTO SHOP does all types of swap.....originally he had a 1j-vvti motor in the car then swapped it out for the aristo. they are also working on putting in a 1j-non vvti motor in an IS300. IM VERY ANXIOUS to see that car because those engines are very cheap and easy to tune. alot of supra guys run these motors and make decent horsepower.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts