Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, my best friends new 911 Turbo is due in today. I'm going to post pics in the next few days side by side. Both silver, I just got the shorter end of the stick.

What surprises me is that he is kinda scared of it. He is trading his 2000 911 cabriolet which is beautiful, for the new one.

I'm proud of him, self made millionaire and is only 30. Writing a check for it.

Well, I'll need some help posting pics, I'll let you know when I have them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ask him if he wants to race... I'll be picking up my 996TT tomorrow from the dealership in seal grey.

-----

'00 Audi S4 6-speed
'01 Porsche 911TT 6-speed

2 cars, 4 turbos, 6 doors, 8 wheel-drive

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I'll be picking up my McLaren F1 tomorrow from the pocket change I have left over from buying the IS.

------

'00 Lamborghini Diablo (Daily Driver)
'01 Cadillac Escalade
'01 IS300
'01 McLaren F1

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by Hunt NXS:

What surprises me is that he is kinda scared of it.
To get over the fear, he should take his car autocrossing and eventually to a high performance driving school at a race track. The Porsche Club of America and the Porsche Owners' Club both put on track schools.

But, if he can't get over the fear, let him know I'd be happy to trade my 330i.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Young, he did the Richard Petty one day school at Texas Motor Speedway in stock cars.
He is also doing one in California for 2 or 3 days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely autocross the 911TT, I traded my Lotus Esprit V8 TT for a 1999 Porsche C2 Aero because I was somewhat scared to drive the Esprit fast(I know, stupid reason, btw the Porsche looks better also). After adding exhaust, headers and filter, I was kind of scared to drive the C2 fast due the unbelievable acceleration, similiar to the Esprit. After driving around the local mountains in San Diego, I overcame that fear.

GL to your friend.

[ April 24, 2001: Message edited by: jdx911 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts