Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit 90,000 miles in my 2001 dwp. I got it in june 2000. So far, no problems. I haven't even taken it to the dealership since my last 50 k check up.

I take it in in 2 weeks to get a new timing belt for 90k service.

My IS has been lowered with 19's since 500 miles when I bought it.

Just wanted to let you all know, we have great cars!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts
LStyleIS said:
Just hit 90,000 miles in my 2001 dwp. I got it in june 2000. So far, no problems. I haven't even taken it to the dealership since my last 50 k check up.

I take it in in 2 weeks to get a new timing belt for 90k service.

My IS has been lowered with 19's since 500 miles when I bought it.

Just wanted to let you all know, we have great cars!!!
wow...congrats!!!

you have any engine/performance mods also?

i recently hit 31K on my 2001, got it used may 2002 with just under 18k miles....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only thing I have is injen intake and 5 z exhaust. It is my daily driver, so I haven't done much.

I drive from huntington (so cal) to mid wilshire everyday, only about 40 miles, but it takes hour and 1/2. really sucks...

The only thing that I had to get fixed was the reprogramming of trac control, and a new headlight, fogged up. And the usual problem with the 01 the underpanal plastic shield broke off after about 1,000 miles.

other than that, nothing....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,317 Posts
LStyleIS said:
only thing I have is injen intake and 5 z exhaust. It is my daily driver, so I haven't done much.

I drive from huntington (so cal) to mid wilshire everyday, only about 40 miles, but it takes hour and 1/2. really sucks...

The only thing that I had to get fixed was the reprogramming of trac control, and a new headlight, fogged up. And the usual problem with the 01 the underpanal plastic shield broke off after about 1,000 miles.

other than that, nothing....
what was wrong with your trac control? cuz mine is focked up too. what did they do to it exactly?
 

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

Along with your timing belt, it is also time to change the Spark Plugs....

The dealership will overcharge you to change the timing belt...

Give Steve & www.LUXURYMOTORWORKS.com a call... Tell him Joe Z sent ya.... He will save you money on the timing belt service and spark plugs.. His shop is located in Monrovia.. About a 1/2hr drive from H. Beach
BTW - he is a Certified Lexus Master Tech as well....


Joe Z 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
Congrats


ur car is now worth 10k

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool,

thanks for the help, I will give him a call.

BTW- my car drives in stop and go traffic, all the time (la).... Yesterday the fist time I hit 135 in hit (605 south bound) , runs great.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts
is300soon said:
Congrats


ur car is now worth 10k

David
maybe $12,000 :wink:

thats crazy how fast the IS depriciates faster then any other Lexus...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,676 Posts
WHOA.. congrats man.. Im demodding mine to start doing some serious mileage. I got one hell of a commute for work.. 500+ miles M-F. Im just hitting 40K though.... cinsidering last year at this time i had 15K in tacking on the miles pretty quick these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
is300soon said:
Congrats


ur car is now worth 10k

David
maybe $12,000 :wink:

thats crazy how fast the IS depriciates faster then any other Lexus...
Maybe th 01's do... Gawd damn, i can't find a deal on a used 02 or 03 to save my life... They're all at least 27k, even private party. Good god, invoice is only 1000 more! All I ask is a 02 GGP E-shift with 20k miles for 23-24k (maybe more with navi) and I have been out of luck for almost 6 months now., it's ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, 10k, I don't care what it is worth, I am keeping it anyways, I put over 10k in the system, I love it and would not sell it....

I just called that place they want 600 bucks to change the timing belt, spark plugs, and tranny oil...

Ouch!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
WHOA.. congrats man.. Im demodding mine to start doing some serious mileage. I got one hell of a commute for work.. 500+ miles M-F. Im just hitting 40K though.... cinsidering last year at this time i had 15K in tacking on the miles pretty quick these days.
you drive 500+ miles to work?? :eek: :eek:
 

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
Wow you are getting a deal.... Considering most local dealerships around here will charge well over $1,000+++....

It is basically a full 30k service, including change of all fluids, plus flush exterior/interior radiator, clean throttle body, and labor to change plugs, etc.. even and engine wash.. Steve does most of all those extra things for N/C.

Its a deal if you ask me... :chill:

Jz

LStyleIS said:
I just called that place they want 600 bucks to change the timing belt, spark plugs, and tranny oil...

Ouch!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Joe Z said:
Wow you are getting a deal.... Considering most local dealerships around here will charge well over $1,000+++....

It is basically a full 30k service, including change of all fluids, plus flush exterior/interior radiator, clean throttle body, and labor to change plugs, etc.. even and engine wash.. Steve does most of all those extra things for N/C.

Its a deal if you ask me... :chill:

Jz

LStyleIS said:
I just called that place they want 600 bucks to change the timing belt, spark plugs, and tranny oil...

Ouch!!!

And trust me, Joe knows a good deal when he sees one. Why just the other day he traded in his beloved cow for some magic beans from some old woman...............................

Steve at Luxury Motor Works does have great prices. They average about 40-50% off dealer prices. His work is top notch too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeh, seems like a nice guy, also offered to let me use a rental car that he has.

I dont need to, but a nice gesture.
 

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
Thanks Greg!!! :chill:

Did she come to visit you too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jz

stick said:
And trust me, Joe knows a good deal when he sees one. Why just the other day he traded in his beloved cow for some magic beans from some old woman...............................

Steve at Luxury Motor Works does have great prices. They average about 40-50% off dealer prices. His work is top notch too.


Joe Z said:
Wow you are getting a deal.... Considering most local dealerships around here will charge well over $1,000+++....

It is basically a full 30k service, including change of all fluids, plus flush exterior/interior radiator, change timing belt, remove throttle body and clean(in order to), change spark plugs, etc.. even and engine wash.. Steve does most of all those extra things for N/C.

Its a deal if you ask me... :chill:

Jz

LStyleIS said:
I just called that place they want 600 bucks to change the timing belt, spark plugs, and tranny oil...

Ouch!!!
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top