Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought my IS 2 months ago and it's been in the shop 3 times. As we speak, it's still in the shop for the last 9 days because they couldn't figure out what the squeeking and cracking noise comming from the front when ever I step on the brake. There are 2 brand skanking new IS at the Dealer that's having the same problem so check it out b4 you buy!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
ust had mine in for the same noise. They said it is a strut boot. New one is ordered, right front.
Originally posted by yeah_low:
Well I bought my IS 2 months ago and it's been in the shop 3 times. As we speak, it's still in the shop for the last 9 days because they couldn't figure out what the squeeking and cracking noise comming from the front when ever I step on the brake. There are 2 brand skanking new IS at the Dealer that's having the same problem so check it out b4 you buy!!!

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah_Low, so waht was the problem? Did your dealer find out and fix it?

I'm curious 'cause I can't get rid of that sound.....

-Eric

·
Registered
77 Posts
Damn, if I keep hearing stories like this one, I'll never buy an IS300......

Too many problems. Wasn't this car out for a few years in Japan? I figured they would have worked the bugs out of it over there and it would be perfect here.......

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
RS200
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing