Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know i snapped a lot of pics today....

here are some of the better pics/highlights from todays lil shindig...

here we are leaving rolos house to the park and ride where more .netters were supposed to be waiting for us...so much for that...

most of these freeway shots were accidents...haha...its hard to take pics out of a moving car while driving...

heres a prelude that rolo started to mess with on the freeway...at one point, he was surrounded by 4 IS300s and he couldnt go anywhere....i couldnt get a pic of that though...

we got to check out one very fast supra....
check the dyno sheet....

those are 15"...bigger than some cars rims!!

ahhh twin turbo....

heres bruce dropping the knowledge....hes currently writing a book entitled "the is300 for dummies"

and who doesnt love rolling shots...i sure do....there was SOOO MUCH better ones, but either the top of the car was cut off or the back was cut off....this was the only one with the entire car intact....

ill post more as they get uploaded....gotta go fix my blinker...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
YisSerL said:
Nice pics...I see bchau_gt got a free ride to the event. :cool:
Haha, yup, thanks to Rolo. I wasn't really up for driving myself and wanted to check out Rolo's car.

Jon, you're always so damn quick with posting the photos. Nice pics as usual. The images look similar to those from your old camera. Do you add some kind of effect to the images in Photoshop?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
JAEohEN said:
heres a prelude that rolo started to mess with on the freeway...at one point, he was surrounded by 4 IS300s and he couldnt go anywhere....i could get a pic of that though...
Man that looks like too much fun! Boxing in a Honda out in the Central Valley! :lol:, we've done that many a times coming up I-5 for the annual SoCal to NorCal to EOS runs. Can't wait to see you guys again in a few weeks! :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
JAEohEN said:
here we are leaving rolos house to the park and ride where more .netters were supposed to be waiting for us...so much for that...
Gee...I wonder what the excuse was this time around. :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bchau_gt said:
Haha, yup, thanks to Rolo. I wasn't really up for driving myself and wanted to check out Rolo's car.

Jon, you're always so damn quick with posting the photos. Nice pics as usual. The images look similar to those from your old camera. Do you add some kind of effect to the images in Photoshop?
i dont know why, but when we got to bruces, the pics i took from there came out REALLY grainy, and look a lot like my old camera in terms of quality....you can tell up above which ones are before the graininess and which are after....the ones i took before came out really crisp....then i dont know what happened...probably holding the camera out of the window while going 80 mph wasnt the greatest idea...haha...

in photoshop all i do is mess with the brightness...except in the ones where i add like the black and white and whatnot....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Great to see everyone today.

Sonic Burger was delicious and Nomura always had some project to wow us. Thanks to Fongman for coming out to meet with us aswell. Good luck with the ChromeDrift Machine. Let me know when I can take that out for a drift or 2.

Rolo, Chris, Jon, Brian... always a pleasure hanging out. Again, thanks to Rolo for setting up this meet. Thanks Bruce for opening up ur doors once again. Get ur projector running so we can get on the POD.

Brian = u lazy A$$... haha j/k =D

See everyone at EOS4 in a few weeks!

-sOlo-

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
JAEohEN said:
i dont know why, but when we got to bruces, the pics i took from there came out REALLY grainy, and look a lot like my old camera in terms of quality....you can tell up above which ones are before the graininess and which are after....the ones i took before came out really crisp....then i dont know what happened...probably holding the camera out of the window while going 80 mph wasnt the greatest idea...haha...

in photoshop all i do is mess with the brightness...except in the ones where i add like the black and white and whatnot....
Don't worry JAEohEN. I have some luck when I took the photo inside Bruces' shop. I will upload them tomorrow at my office.

It is pleasure to meet everyone today.

Rolo: Thanks for setting this up
Solo: Opps.. I forgot to show u guys my little "dori" machine
Jon: Nice Highway Pics. It was so cool to "box" that Prelude! At one point, I did gun my car near 100 mph to catch up Rolo and that Honda!
Brian: You better show your car next time. This is not a workday.. don't carpool :p j/k

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Flipside909 said:
Man that looks like too much fun! Boxing in a Honda out in the Central Valley! :lol:, we've done that many a times coming up I-5 for the annual SoCal to NorCal to EOS runs. Can't wait to see you guys again in a few weeks! :D
Ouch! I was behind the Prelude..... I wish I ran faster to be in the pics. At one point in the 580, that guy blink his emergency signals and tried to lure me to race with him....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
cryptkeeper said:
Do you happen to know the wheel and suspension info for this IS? It's super clean (not clean as in non-dirty but it's that type of clean too). Nice work to whoever it belongs too.
He has Junction Produce rims (forgot what exactly calls..) and Tein Coil-over with EDFC...

·
Registered
478 Posts
cryptkeeper said:
Do you happen to know the wheel and suspension info for this IS? It's super clean (not clean as in non-dirty but it's that type of clean too). Nice work to whoever it belongs too.
thank man, read below, should answer most of ur questions...

coming to eos4???

rolo

·
Registered
478 Posts
i would like to thank those of you who were able to make it...mrfongman, solo, brian, jon, chris and def thanks to bruce who 'cleaned up his shop for us' (his words). sorry blue_j couldnt make it cuz of the time change, but we really were hungry already.

for the others who couldnt make it, we'll see you in el cerrito maybe, and def at EOS4! it was a pretty nice, uneventful drive for the most part.

funny, cuz everyone pretty much met up at my place. we then headed over to the park and ride about 1:15. sat for a minute and rolled out. traffic was cool, a little heavy but flowed. what can i say, i have a love for honda's 8-|. and for the record, i was not racing the prelude...thats illegal and irresponsible. i was just merely establishing communication with this guy to say 'i like your rice' (but for the record i did pull away from him after telling him). lots of noise but does not go very fast...

anywho, we got to a packed SONIC for a bite to eat. we took a table there so we wouldnt leave crumbs in the cars. i dunno about all of you, but i had the bacon cheese burger (my arteries are hurting now), cheese sticks, fries (damn i forgot the tots), reses SONIC blast for desert and of course a diet coke (dr. told me to watch my sugar intake). it was nice just chillin with you guys AND GIRLS there. good times...good times...

so then we rolled to starbucks for a light pick me up and was pretty uneventful *ahem* *cough*. its all good...solo called bruce to get his addy, so we can NAV it cuz no one knows how to get there from where we were.

had to take a detour cuz of a ta, finally got to bruce's shop where he was at the door welcoming us like the great host he is. he showed us some of this stuff (i am sure jon will post some pics soon) that is pretty jaw dropping. after chatting for what seemed like 10 mins for me (i think it was about an hour in reality), it was time to depart. getting onto the freeway was interesting *ahem* bmw740i*. i totally would have had him if i had a better launch. i am still learning the limits with the cdd mod :D

we only got a few warnings on the V-1 on the way home, but did not see any flashing lights (thank goodness). all in all it was a good day!

i hope to see those of you who didnt make it pretty soon!!! well ok ok, maybe those of you who did make it too. i am sure i will see some of your ugly mugs soon...not naming names solo...haha

jon, you are awesome with photoshop man, i def appreciate you rollin with us.
chris, make sure you thank catherine for coming out cuz i know she has other stuff she has to take care of. ava and i do enjoy both of ur company.
brian...what a lazy bum!!! hehe, its all good...two words man...get wheels! (no peer pressure tho)
solo, tell the little lady thanks for putting up with our *edit* safe*edit* driving. bella misses you guys, what you doing next weekend???

see all of you soon!
rolo

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
damn are those the 540R's on that widebody black supra? Abflug kit i think..........

man that black supra with the blitz rims makes me wish i didn't sell mine =(

so how much gas did you guys use up? LOL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts