Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ready to finish up all my LED lighting and DDE lighting with new HID bulbs and HID Fogs.

My car is DWP with blacked out fogs and halo's...

I have 800K AAC DDE's ... What temp bulbs and fogs should I go with...

Pics would be great with reccomendations...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
834 Posts

8k in the headlights 3 in the fogs... old setup now i have projectors...

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I'd say 8k in the headlights to match the DDEs, a 6000k vs. 8000k difference in color may look funky. No matter what though, I'd suggest 3000k fogs, I love the stock yellow fog look, it sets the IS apart from most other cars and 3000k is also the easiest way to go, if you get a different color, you will need to sand the yellow coating off the fog light lens or you will end up with a greenish color.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'd say 8k in the headlights to match the DDEs, a 6000k vs. 8000k difference in color may look funky. No matter what though, I'd suggest 3000k fogs, I love the stock yellow fog look, it sets the IS apart from most other cars and 3000k is also the easiest way to go, if you get a different color, you will need to sand the yellow coating off the fog light lens or you will end up with a greenish color.
yea i have a 5k bulb behind with the yellow and its greenish yellow but with when i sanded the lens it turned purple... go figure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts