Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup guys,

On lexus.com under the inerior section it says 8 speakers. But in the box from lexus about the IS300 on page 36 there is a pic of the interior and it only shows 6 speakers. Am i missing something. I've tryed to find the other 2 but i can't. anyone have nay idea's ? Other than that the sound system sounds great even tho i might swap the rear deck 6"9" for some better one becaause when you put the fade to the back it doesn't sound good @ all

Martin

Black/Ivory IS300

·
Registered
220 Posts
The following is from the FAQ section of is300.net:

How many speakers are there in the IS300?

There are 6 physical speaker mount points with 8 speaker elements. There are tweeters in the front door frame (behind the side view mirrors), two 6.5" round speakers in the lower front door panel, two 6x9s in the rear deck, and two small round speakers "stacked" on top of the 6x9s in the rear deck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Emerald,

Just a clarification... As I noted, the "Question and Answer" that I posted was from the "FAQ Section" of is300.net... Please note that the "FAQ Section" was created by TEG and he is to receive the credit for the answer to this topic.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Thanks again, Simple Lad!!

BTW: I stopped referring to them as "co-axial" when someone posted pictures showing that they are two seperate units stacked on top of each other. I think that co-axial implies that they are permanently attached together, but in the case of the IS300 there is an upper and lower lift out tray each with its own seperately wired speaker.

·
Registered
571 Posts
it's kinda shady that Lexus makes us think there's 8 speakers, by counting the speaker element of top of the 6*9 as a seperate speaker. In real terms, isn't that just a two-way coaxial? Having seperates in the back is not as important as in the front, though, so it does not make a difference to mr really what Lexus says about the back.

Yeah, salesman told me there is a subwoofer somewhere.....it was fiddling under the seat somewhere...maybe he thought it had the same setup as a gs400 maybe? dunno?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey Vttpwr... Sorry but I have been busy. Yes I got my IS at Lexus of Knoxville....U know anyone else our age that have purchased one around here? They treated me wonderful up there. What salesman are u working with? When you go up there next time tell Oscar you want a better deal than I got...he will get a kick out of that
. holla at me at [email protected]

K

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm starting to feel like an idiot all over again. I'm sorry I did not note the difference between co-ax and two separate and distinct speakers, although most audiofiles will not notice a scintilla of difference. Just thought I'd use a term that was familiar to people reading the posts. Guess I have to watch my P's and Q's from now on with you guys putting my posts under the micropscope. I think I'll go back to my profession and do more posts on the Weather chat boards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts