Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
5,778 Posts
Thanks for the insight, though i doubt something was damaged during the repair, most likely it was damaged during the little fender bender. I've checked the harnesses, Ill check the grounds again, I've reset the ECU and the codes come back, One thing that i find strange is that my E-shift still works, even with the speedometer not working,

Ill drive up to a parts car today and start replacing all ABS electronics one at a time then Ill report back later if any success.
Was it pulled on a frame machine? If so they may have disconnected or broke something. It is still there responsibility.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I didn't point this out before but if you looks these codes up in the repair manual, it'll tell you how to trouble-shoot it.

I'm using pdf's I've downloaded... I don't have a repair manual, its a pain... Ill maybe invest in tech stream software in the future... but when i try to look up pages they are never in the right order... or few pages off, the way i see it i can swap out all the sensors and electronics faster than it would take to troubleshoot, I've been busy with work so i haven't had time. ill start with the 4 wheel speed sensors and work my way through anything even related to the codes,

I was just hoping someone on these forums would be a IS troubleshooting guru , or someone who has gone through this scenario before and could point me to a simple fix, thanks so far thou, i appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
I was just hoping someone on these forums would be a IS troubleshooting guru , or someone who has gone through this scenario before and could point me to a simple fix, thanks so far thou, i appreciate it.
You can get all the docs from Toyota for $15. Techinfo.toyota.com.

Swapping out parts is the modern trouble-shooting for sure. The problem is that it's expensive and there's no real guarantee it'll fix your issue. Other than the wheel speed sensors, ABS problems seem pretty rare with these cars.

Good luck. In your shoes, I'd swap out the under dash ABS controller before I did anything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my IS back from the body shop this week, with it i got a whole new set of triggered CEL codes,

C0278

C1225

C0200
C0205
C0210
C0215

C1246

C1201

All these codes are ABS related so i think it can be narrowed down to 1 simple fix, if anyone can help me get these dash lights to turn off, My Emergency Brake light is always on, my trac off light is constantly blinking, and my check engine light is on
hello mate how did you solve this i got the same problem

21 - 26 of 26 Posts