Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
is300girl said:
UpTownIS300er said:
is300girl said:
I hated the purple E36 M3 ... I test drove a used one and I felt like I was driving around the "Prince-mobile". I'm a chick and even *I* wouldn't drive a purple car. :pukerigh:
I happen to like Purple cars.... when you guys mentioned purple I automatically thought of the E36 M3 purple.... ionno I think its HOTT!!! :oops: I must be a f*g :-?
DING DING DING!
does that mean we can go shopping and have slumber parties together??? :D

I'll be a fag for a day! :p

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
DENALI0423 said:
Ouch.... :-? That was a low blow.... My Yukon is far from a piece of poo... Its a great truck!
Mine is (2003 Loaded)

In 11 days for front differental replacement. So many rattles & squeaks, sounds like two skeletons screwing on a tin roof.

Left DTRL burned out. At least 75% of the Yukon/Denali/Tahoe/Suburbans have this same bulb problem, there ought to be a friggin recall. Putting windows down makes noise on the radio.

I am so on the the edge of dumping this and getting a GX470 or a FX45. I don't need the hassle.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
darthvader said:
HoustonLex said:
dealers arent allowed to change the paint color before the car is titled...
Why not? The dealer owns the car they can do whatever they want to it. It may void the warranty on paint I guess I am not sure why you would say the dealer can not paint it as long as they disclose it.
A local Mitsubishi dealership here always has some new pre-riced evos and eclipses that they have painted, but they don't totally change the colors, they just get crappy fast and furious type graphix painted on them.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
darthvader said:
HoustonLex said:
Why not? The dealer owns the car they can do whatever they want to it. It may void the warranty on paint I guess I am not sure why you would say the dealer can not paint it as long as they disclose it.
I was hoping you'd chime in on this being that you're a dealer.

Could this actually happen? I know around me that green and auburn IS300's go for HELLA cheap because no one wants those colors. Could dealers actually do this for new and unused cars, too?
wow, thanks man.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
auburnIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
darthvader said:
HoustonLex said:
I was hoping you'd chime in on this being that you're a dealer.

Could this actually happen? I know around me that green and auburn IS300's go for HELLA cheap because no one wants those colors. Could dealers actually do this for new and unused cars, too?
wow, thanks man.
I saw an ASP for the 1st time in person the other day. Holy shit, thats a HOT color. I would have gotten that if it wasnt so rare :p

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
darthvader said:
HoustonLex said:
Just as a dealer cant sell a demo as "new"... any permanent changes such as color change would have to be disclosed. So maybe I misspoke... they can change the color, but it wouldnt be in their best interest to do so.

Not ordering a car in baby butt green would be in their best interests.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
HoustonLex said:
darthvader said:
HoustonLex said:
Just as a dealer cant sell a demo as "new"... any permanent changes such as color change would have to be disclosed. So maybe I misspoke... they can change the color, but it wouldnt be in their best interest to do so.

Not ordering a car in baby shit green would be in their best interests.
fixed it for ya. :wink:

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
HoustonLex said:
darthvader said:
HoustonLex said:

Not ordering a car in baby butt green would be in their best interests.
It used to be a dealer could sell a demo as a "new" car because the car was never titled. If the owner of the dealership drives the car for a year and puts 15,000 miles on it, the car is still "new" because it was never sold and titled. As of just this year in Wisconsin that law changed. If a car has more than 200 miles on it, it is considered a demo and must be disclosed and sold that way.

But you are totally correct. It would be very stupid for a dealer to change the car from factory in any way. The dealer I work for will not even put an aftermarket trailer hitch on a car unless it is owned by the customer.

But the good news is that Lexus really does not have a bad color. There is a baby blue they make on the LS430 but old ladies really like it.

:wink:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts