Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the posts. It seems that most of the posts address pre 2008 is 350 models. I have read all, hoping that as time goes by,someone will figure out the touchscreen bypass to allow moving access to the nav system and its contents just like on the 2006 model. My buddy works at lexus and says that there is another secret code that has not been released or hacked yet, I know someone has to know. On the other hand, on ebay I saw someone selling secret codes for all models, to each is own. I just figure anyone with the knowledge to bypass the system (without cutting or surgery), please leave a reply, because this is a club (which means more than just one person in it looking for a monetary gain), we are a group that looks to each other for support and brethren...

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The software hack is for 06s only... it's removed in all later firmwares. There's a -physical- hack (slight wire cutting and such) that'll do about the same thing for 07s and newer... there's also a $300 unit that will do it without having to cut wires if it's worth that to you.

(and if your "buddy" knew a new secret code surely he'd tell ya, right? Most folks at dealerships know less than the average person on the forums though, so I'd take anything he tells you with a massive grain of salt)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts