Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby has 61K miles. Nothing is wrong with the car. Everything still runs smooth. Because of the delay of the service over years, my baby is due for 55K service not 60K service. How did this happened? For example if the car is supposed to go in at 10,100. I brought the car in at 11,900. Stuffs like that. Overyear, the difference is increased. Do you follow me so far? :D
Now, here is the situation. I don't think that I will keep the car much longer. I will go back to my country within couple months. (I am really sad leaving my baby) Within that couple months I will drive between 5 - 6K miles. The question is should I do 55K or 60K service? I am aware that 60K service is very pricey. The cheapest one in my area is around $600. I am afraid that it may hurt the car if I don't do 60K service because 60K service includes replacing the spark plug, engine coolant, and transmission fluid. What should I do? Help Please....

·
8,827 Posts
Do not worry. Your car will be OK. Discregard the tranny fluid note, as Per Lexus, it does need to be changed at all. Just make sure it is at the right level when the engine is running.
Keep in minds, all of the service intervals are "recommended".
Dealers do even more "recommended" things since they charge extra for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.