Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my driver side window would not go up yesterday. I took it to lexus and they took apart the driver side panel, and noticed the two bolts that hold the window, snapped- one bolt actually tore away the metal frame of the car and made a sharp tear but luckily didnt scratch the window! They service writer came to me and told me it would cost $600! I pretty much laughed in his face and said you better come back to me with a number A LOT lower then that! Anyways, I have a loaner ES330 right now, they said they will call me when the parts come in and a new price.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
i think its gonna be high because i dont think lexus sells the parts seperately, just the whole motor/assembly. either way best of luck, $600 is shock inducing.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Damn that sucks to hear - How is that not a mechanical default of some sort, I mean the car can't be 'that' old, how does stuff like that just 'happens'??

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
$600.00, most of that amount is probably labor cost.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$600 is mostly labor, because they said it will be hard to get the window out. $600 is still ridiculous though! I'll get back to ya and let ya know what i talked them down to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Warranty?

yeah, why is this not covered under warranty? it happened in my mom's benz on a rainy day once, and they covered it under warranty!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i have 115,000 miles, so my warranty is up. but i picked it up today and saw an old friend working at the dealership, even better...he's a mechanic at lexus! he got me a final price of $415.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
madtruckerdiesel said:
well i have 115,000 miles, so my warranty is up. but i picked it up today and saw an old friend working at the dealership, even better...he's a mechanic at lexus! he got me a final price of $415.
You lucky dog.......not a bad deal after all. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts