Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoah...I got a little paint chip on my fender (not a ding, a thumb nail sized piece of paint peeled off when my bumper hit my fender after a raccoon decided to climb out of the sewer into my bumper)and it's going to cost 600 dollars to fix it! This is crazy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well it depends on how deep the chip is. I have an inch long, thin chip on my passenger door. It was gonna be like $700 instead. Pssh..Yeah right...I touched it up instead and the touch-up eventually wore out. It was a temporary solution. There's no permanent fix for such paintchips except to shell out the dough to fix it:-(. At least yours isn't as obvious as mine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I got a paint chip right in the front of the hood about 2" up in the center. I touched it up but it's driving me crazy. I was going to have the front bumper/air dam repainted after a year or so but it looks like it may be sooner. OOOOh that price is steep though I was guessing $350 or so

·
Registered
98 Posts
If your in the LA area Call WESTMINSTER LEXUS/Honda Body shop, they have all factory colors and do a great job. 714-890-8900 and ask for the body shop

·
Registered
345 Posts
That blob remover does look interesting. Just what I have on my hood. I'm gonna get X-PEL or Stonguard applied to the air dam and the edge of the hood when I get it re-done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts