Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
celica1036 said:
no IS's came with a 6 speed transmission did they? but aftermarket companies make them?
correct, US IS 300's are either 5 speed manual or 5 speed automatic

a few select boosted IS 300's have put in the GETRAG V 160 6 speed that was found in the Supra TT

do a search..this has been covered many many times...

·
Registered
168 Posts
so far, from what i read in this forum, that the common but expensive 6spd swap is from the getrag v160, V161?? which is orginally found in the TT supra. Not sure if you would call this" aftermarket", since it's a toyota product, but maybe "aftermarket" as in spending money outside of the price you paid for your IS?

no IS's come with a stock 6spd tranny from the factory.

Hope that answered your questions...

·
Registered
168 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
celica1036 said:
no IS's came with a 6 speed transmission did they? but aftermarket companies make them?

a few select boosted IS 300's have put in the GETRAG V 160 6 speed that was found in the Supra TT

dang..you posted before i did. :lol:

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
dragonblade said:
tsopranoMB said:
celica1036 said:

dang..you posted before i did. :lol:
its all good...nice to see people help out the newbies unlike alot of others who just flame or ignore...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.