Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to replace my parking light bulbs (wedge/168)
I really wanted LED so I skimmed through EBAY and found these.

They came about a week later, changed the bulbs and I was in awe.
Really bright, really blue, and they did make the HIDs look a bit better.

However, the color faded/settled in. One was light blue, while the other one became a bit purple.
I was pissed off. I had to put the old bulbs in since I didn't want to drive around with mismatched lights.

I decided to get regular replacement bulbs from PIAA
I got two sets.

Xtreme White

Plasma

I put both in and to tell you the truth, I liked the plasma better.
The white was fine, but it it didn't do anything for me.

So - if you can get LED wedge bulbs that match - I suggest you do so since they are brighter and look better.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
What i suggest is just unplug the City Lights... then you won't have to worry about matching it to your HIDs... and to save some money too...
I figured i'd give it a try and it worked... also your headlight warning light won't come on in the dash... :wink:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
86b said:
What i suggest is just unplug the City Lights... then you won't have to worry about matching it to your HIDs... and to save some money too...
I figured i'd give it a try and it worked... also your headlight warning light won't come on in the dash... :wink:
you mean DRL?
I have a set of PIAA 7500K bulbs coming next week.
Will they give me a warning light on the dash?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
No..
But if you want you can unplug the DRL also... won't give any headlight warning...
What i ment before was that little yellow blub that turns on when you turn your HID on... you can also unplug that blub and it won't give any headlight warning...
So save your money and just unplug those ugly yellow blubs instead of buying blubs... Also if you didn't do the Full Power DRL your new PIAA DRL blub will look yellow too...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
86b said:
Also if you didn't do the Full Power DRL your new PIAA DRL blub will look yellow too...
Not sure.
These bulbs are from Jap so they are not avail for sale here.
One of the other .net members bought it and said that they look white/blue.

If they don't - then I'll do the full power DRL mod

·
Registered
887 Posts
86b said:
No..
But if you want you can unplug the DRL also... won't give any headlight warning...
What i ment before was that little yellow blub that turns on when you turn your HID on... you can also unplug that blub and it won't give any headlight warning...
So save your money and just unplug those ugly yellow blubs instead of buying blubs... Also if you didn't do the Full Power DRL your new PIAA DRL blub will look yellow too...
86b, how do you diable the headlight bulb, not the HID or DRl?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts