Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was reading the brochure for the '03 IS and Lexus lists the 0-60 time for the 5-speed at 6.8 sec.

that seems pretty quick to me - i always thought they were in the low 7's...

is there that much variance between cars that some run 6.8 while others run 7.4?

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
7.4 (7.1 2001 e-shift) is the E-shift time.

ISthree00 said:
was reading the brochure for the '03 IS and Lexus lists the 0-60 time for the 5-speed at 6.8 sec.

is there that much variance between cars that some run 6.8 while others run 7.4?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
actually the stick does a 6.3 zero to sixty stock, with the right drive. i think lexus should post my times as official, but they won't. i know they read this, so i don't see why they wouldn't.

if you are reading this you suits, how about doing something positive for your company?

-gte

ISthree00 said:
i still didn't think the 5-speed did 6.8 stock... how bout that :crazy:

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
IS300GTE said:
actually the stick does a 6.3 zero to sixty stock, with the right drive. i think lexus should post my times as official, but they won't. i know they read this, so i don't see why they wouldn't.

if you are reading this you suits, how about doing something positive for your company?

-gte

GTE...what options did you have when you car was stock? Moonroof? Leather seats? Just trying to figure out whether you have a more "lightly" optioned car to help with those great track times you've posted.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
ISthree00 said:

Manual times will always be faster for the majority of cars out there...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Hey Paul.

I can show you how he got those great times, though it won't be very friendly to your clutch...

TeCKis300 said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte

GTE...what options did you have when you car was stock? Moonroof? Leather seats? Just trying to figure out whether you have a more "lightly" optioned car to help with those great track times you've posted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
it's just like how ford says that the lightning pulls 6.2 0-60 and a 14.2 in the 1/4. That's such BS...it's wayyyyyyyyyy faster than that. My bro has one, and when it was stock he ran door to door with a conv. C5 vette, and he would smoke on ls1 camaros.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you take 2nd gear to the limiter, 60mph can be reached and you'll save a few tenths right there. But, in mycar the rev limiter it 60.4mph in second gear. Stock, it stops pulling around 600rpm, or 56mph. Those that drive by feel, tend to shift early because the power is dropping off and there is more to be had with the next gear. Unless you were only trying for the best 60mph time, almost everyone would shift right before the mark.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
all options (but nav which wasn't available yet), nothing removed from the car, 1/2 a tank of gas to be fair as well

-gte

TeCKis300 said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I've pulled a 0-60 in 6.6 according to my G-Tech Pro. I have an 01' with Area 51 intake/BB, Drager, and suspension mods, so it probably did low 7's stock. But remember, it's an e-shift also.

Waiting for the PLP Stage II and maybe I can pull a 5.5 0-60! :crazy:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Soooo...GTE, Many of us are curious. What, do I dare ask, are your current 0-60's? :D :D :D Will we ever see vid's of the Beast?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i don't know, traction is much more of a rare commodity now, as opposed to then, i guess only time will tell. actually, i have something in the works

-gte

Bisch said:
Soooo...GTE, Many of us are curious. What, do I dare ask, are your current 0-60's? :D :D :D Will we ever see vid's of the Beast?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Lexus IS for their racing team does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds and it weighs 505 lbs less. It has a racing transmission and numerous other upgrades. Something doesn't seems right with these numbers.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
maybe the racing car isnt geared for 0-60? how often does a race car go below 30.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
what doesn't seem right? and what do you know about the team lexus race car? or what it does zero to sixty in?

xxStanxx said:
The Lexus IS for their racing team does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds and it weighs 505 lbs less. It has a racing transmission and numerous other upgrades. Something doesn't seems right with these numbers.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
IS300GTE said:
what doesn't seem right? and what do you know about the team lexus race car? or what it does zero to sixty in?

xxStanxx said:
http://www.teamlexus.com/

-crontab -l

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ok, that is where i thought he got it from

none of that is accurate, its all estimated, and low estimations at that. look at the quarter mile, does a 13.7 et correlate to a 6.4 zero to sixty? if anything "isn't right" its their zero to sixty.

that car has supra cams and a stand alone, it definitely has more than 235hp. it also has a motor "prepped" from trd or one of the toyota divisions as well.

check out the rest of the stats xxStanxx

-gte

crontab said:
IS300GTE said:

xxStanxx said:
http://www.teamlexus.com/

-crontab -l

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
lexus' numbers on 0-60 were underestimated. My IS when it was stock did a 0-60 of 6.79 seconds. 2001 lexus said 7.1

When i had the AEM and Hiper, it did a 0-60 of 6.65.

With AEM alone its doin 0-60 of 6.65 still.

GTE's 6.3 sounds very legit, its all in the driver.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
22 Participants
solomon
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing