Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the 5Zigen Fireball exhaust. Cost me $250 total and I love the sound. To my surprise, this straight pipe design is not at all noisy or loud... in fact, the sound produced closely resembles a Turbo Car muffler. As for performance, I'm not quite sure how much power increase 5Zigen claims to have, but it definitely makes the car sounds like a sports sedan. I can actually hear my car now when I accelerate. Maybe its just psychological, but at high speeds, the car feels smoother. The noise level at 85mph + is about the same as stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Originally posted by Philharmonic:
Just installed the 5Zigen Fireball exhaust. Cost me $250 total and I love the sound. To my surprise, this straight pipe design is not at all noisy or loud... in fact, the sound produced closely resembles a Turbo Car muffler. As for performance, I'm not quite sure how much power increase 5Zigen claims to have, but it definitely makes the car sounds like a sports sedan. I can actually hear my car now when I accelerate. Maybe its just psychological, but at high speeds, the car feels smoother. The noise level at 85mph + is about the same as stock.
Philharmonic, Cerritos area, man that like 5min from my house !! You seem to be ding alot to your IS, things that I would love to do, but the CFO (my wife) have to agree on. She doesn't want me to change the car too much. I heard you installed springs and were going to put TRD sway bars on? Did you yet? I need to see your car to see what I am going to do or not? The exhast is a great idea, can I some down and hear it sometime??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Philharmonic-
where did you get the exhaust at?
how much did it cost you to get it installed?

thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Originally posted by IS3:
Philharmonic-
where did you get the exhaust at?
how much did it cost you to get it installed?

thank you

IS3 here you go, Phil might have gotten it here


shinestreetBen
New Member
Posts: 19
From:los angeles
Registered: Nov 2000
posted November 28, 2000 07:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone looking for the fireball exhaust from 5Zigen... it is available NOW!! it is a rear section only for now. 5Zigen isn't releasing a cat-back until the 6-speed is sold in the U.S. if you want the cost, email me at [email[[email protected][/email] or i can be found on AOL IM at hdsben3. thanks!


his name is BEn and is in CArson, CA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RC51 - Sure, e-mail me and we can arrange to meet up some where. I live around the Cerritos Town Center area. Give me a buzz and I can show you my car: [email protected]

IS3 - I got my 5Zigen Fireball from Discount Tire Center, in El Monte. This particular Discount Tire Center is independently owned and runned. They are affiliated with the chain store, but they do lots of custom modifications, from Wheels, to Engine, to Exhaust, to Lowering. The owner, Vic, he is the distributor for 5Zigen, along with many other brands. I purchased my exhaust for $250 installed. Give him a call (626) 579-1182. They do excellent work, I had my car lowered there as well.

GPR - The Fireball is just the Muffler plus the Center Pipe. It bolts on right after the stock resonator. 5Zigen will release the CAT back version next year. However, if you were to remove the resonator, its going to sound louder, if not different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
Originally posted by shinestreetBen:
didn't get it from me?
i hope that was after install?

Ben,

How to purchase the 5zigen Fireball through your website? There isn't any "purchase" link in there...

And oh, is the 5Zigen Fireball exhaust still $230 (as stated in your email, to me)??


Thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
PhilHarmonic...WILL DO, I'll email to set it up, thanks.

Shinestreetben..soory buddy, I thought Phil got it from you..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
yeah, the website is jacked! i am in charged of rebuilding it. so if you want call me or just send me an email with your CC info, or stop by the shop. i did get your email, and i will respond to it
thanks!

Originally posted by mystic:
Ben,

How to purchase the 5zigen Fireball through your website? There isn't any "purchase" link in there...

And oh, is the 5Zigen Fireball exhaust still $230 (as stated in your email, to me)??


Thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
hey philharmonic,

After you installed the 5 zigen muffler did the muffler come out crooked or was it stright with the body. Also how loud does the exhause sound like when you accelerate. How loud do you hear it from the inside. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by wdskuk:
hey philharmonic,

After you installed the 5 zigen muffler did the muffler come out crooked or was it stright with the body. Also how loud does the exhause sound like when you accelerate. How loud do you hear it from the inside. Thanks


The exhaust comes out slightly to the right, but not very noticeable. Sound wise, under full acceleration, its moderately loud... from the inside, its very low and deep toned... like a turbo car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
How big is the pipe going into the muffler? Can I hook my three inch exhaust into it?

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
Can u take a picture of it and post it? I want to see how it fits into the bumper cutout thats already there. As for sound, is it deep?

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top