Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just had the prototype of a new Borla exhaust done on my IS. It is too quiet for me so I am going to take it back to Borla soon and have them take out the silencer to see what kind of sound results. It looks beautiful. They use an oval tip with the last 1 inch gold anodized ( the same one as they use on a Jag). 2.25" pipe. I have scanned in the graphs of the dyne tests and it gained 5hp and 4 tqe. UI will post pics in a day or two.
steve

·
15,322 Posts
i wanna see both dynos for both exhausts.
i live close to borla and have been there once. but i really like the 5ziggen exausts. i get paid on the 15th and if my ticket doesnt rape me i will be in the market for an exhaust as well as the swift air intake.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just installed the 5Zigen Fireball but have not had an opportunity to dyno the mod. I may not since IMO it did not create a perceptible/significant HP increase.

Any performance gains should be guarded since it is only a tailpipe and "muffler" (it actually does NOT muffle any sound). It does create a low resonant exhaust tone.

What I did notice was an increase in driveability. In other words, the throttle feels more responsive across the power band. The bottom end feels more alive. It definitely breathes better at high rpms.

Remember, if all you are looking at is max HP, a tailpipe w/muffler will probably not do too much. Most of the HP gain will probably be at the max end of the tach.

If you still need paper performance, Ben @ Shine Street (that's were I got my Fireball from) could probably give dyno results.

My guess 4-6 HP at the high rev end of the tach.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
TRD 300,

Ben is a person at a shop called Shine Street located in southern California. I think it's Shinestreet.com

Anyway, he'll answer any questions you have and is willing to do phone orders. He's very informative and gets the products out quickily/immediately.

More info? Just let me know.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts