Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has intalled the Fireball, please provide feedback.

1. Noise? Increase in db?

2. Performance? Increase in HP? If additional power, where in the rev band?

3. Anyone dyno the car after the mod?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Risk3233:
Anyone who has intalled the Fireball, please provide feedback.

1. Noise? Increase in db?

2. Performance? Increase in HP? If additional power, where in the rev band?

3. Anyone dyno the car after the mod?
The exhaust is quiet at idle (just a little louder than stock). It emits a pleasing deep low sound when accelerating - not too loud at all (unlike exhuast systems I've heard on other cars). There is no noticable performance gain although the car feels like it's "breathing better".

Installation took only 15 minutes (on hoist) and all the hangers matched up well.

I'd rather have it point straight back instead of angled to the right but it looks great anyway.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it considering the cost and ease of installation.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I love this exhaust!!
the hangers lined up perfectly and it fits in the stock cutout on the bottom of the bumper perfectly too. It is hard to tell if there was any performance gain....maybe a few hp, 5 at the most. But it has a great sound and for the price..well under 300 bucks, I think it is a good deal.

Talk to Ben at: www.shinestreet.com
He was really nice to deal with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
A few quick questions for those of you who installed this exhaust.

Did you re-use the tensioned bolt system that hold this section to the rest of the exhaust? If you re-use those sorings, is there a torque spec for that point? I noticed in the early images from ShineStreet that they appeared to be using just a regular socket wrench (unless they torqued it later).

Anyone???

Thanks
Terry

(exhaust 'on the way' - right Ben!!!)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the same boat as TSoich. The Fireball should be enroute from Ben.

Ben, told me to hand tighten "until it appears tight." Don't know what that means, but tight enough so it doesn't fall off.

For those who already installed the mod, please advise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a spectra blue IS and am loving it. I wanted a muffler and looked through this site for ideas. The 5Ziggen appeared to be the best bet, availability and price wise. I just picked one up in LA while on vacation and am looking forward to getting it back to Ottawa Canada where I live. Thanks for all the photos and info that suggests I made a good choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid $225 for the 5Ziggen Fireball. Being both a mechanical and metalurgical engineer and anal in many respects when a car is being considered I can only say the unit is worth it from a workmanship perspective.

·
Registered
192 Posts
me and my friend have is300's... ihave the rms exhaust and he has a 5zig...we have both lost significant track time results over in sac...even after adjustments.....just fyi....
they sound great though...

it has even decreased the low end torque...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I heard that 5Zigen used the Area 51 Fabrications IS300 ta actually be the test bed for the mufflers. Tsuyoshi from AKT told me the guys at A51 were nice enough ta let them borrow it at the time. Might wanna ask them about how they like the exhaust! Just a thought.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Originally posted by shadoh6:
So it's a high quality exhaust, that gives a good exhaust note, but lowers power? Anybody have a dyno for this?
does NOT lower power. the first one we installed went straight to the dyno, gained 4hp

------------------

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
How does it compare to the RMM exhaust?

It's less than half the price.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by shinestreetBen:
does NOT lower power. the first one we installed went straight to the dyno, gained 4hp

Any dyno sheets to see or any proof of this HP gain......Just asking...

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
17 Participants
Risk3233
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing