Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 535i is now on BMW's Canada website and according to the performance specs, it's only 3 tenths of a second slower than the 550i to 100 km/h... Do a simple software flash to that 535i and all that extra dough for the 550 is merely for your ego...
Eric...

535i

550i

www.bmw.ca/

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Or, it could be that one prefers N/A over FI. I am a big fan of N/A myself. Anyway, I can not get over the price of a 5 series BMW. And I see soooo many of them around. Just makes me wonder how people afford all this ish...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or, it could be that one prefers N/A over FI. I am a big fan of N/A myself. Anyway, I can not get over the price of a 5 series BMW. And I see soooo many of them around. Just makes me wonder how people afford all this ish...

again, it's a Canadian website and the price is in Canadian Dollars... The current 530i is BMW's best selling 5-series in North America and it's a wimp compared to the late 545i and current 550. The new twin turbocharged powerplant make the 535 to be even a more compelling choice over the 550...
Eric...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
again, it's a Canadian website and the price is in Canadian Dollars... The current 530i is BMW's best selling 5-series in North America and it's a wimp compared to the late 545i and current 550. The new twin turbocharged powerplant make the 535 to be even a more compelling choice over the 550...
Eric...
I know it was Canadian. Still, those shits are expensive here too. And I agree that the greater value is in the TT powerplant.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
In time and development, the 535i will be nipping at the heels of the M5. :)

Likewise, the 335i and the V8 M3. These engines are hauling with basic chips. I'd wouldn't be shocked if larger turbos or even larger compressor/turbine wheels on the stock turbos + full exhaust system could push into 500 bhp.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Anyway, I can not get over the price of a 5 series BMW. And I see soooo many of them around. Just makes me wonder how people afford all this ish...
You must have a real issue getting over the price of a 7 or LS then. ;)

I went out to dinner last night and saw 2 new LS460Ls parked right across the street from each other. Lexus are sooo popular down here in gods waiting room.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

I went out to dinner last night and saw 2 new LS460Ls parked right across the street from each other. Lexus are sooo popular down here in gods waiting room.
Lexus LSs (the new ones) are also becoming increasingly popular here in NY. S classes and 7s are a dime a dozen here, so it's refreshing to see A8s and LSs around.

I'm not a huge fan of the new 5 series, but with the new turbocharged engine and the classic BMW handling, I'm sure it's best in class in terms of performance. My pick, however, would be the GS350.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Eric...
I'd like to drive the 535, after getting to drive the 550 yesterday at the BMW Drive for the cure. That engine felt so strong! And the car much more nimble than I thought it would. Made the 650 feel like a bit of a boat. Rightfully so, considering layoug and weight, but I was still surprised.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts

There is another reason aside from the smooth ride and relative value. Many older jews would not touch MB and BMW because of WW2.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
There is another reason aside from the smooth ride and relative value. Many older jews would not touch MB and BMW because of WW2.
I can't drive a mile without seeing at least a couple LS or ES here. That reasoning, although I've never personally met anybody that believed that it happened in a Seinfeld episode where George's parents bought a Cadillac because his mom would not ride in a German car.

I'm not a huge fan of the new 5 series, but with the new turbocharged engine and the classic BMW handling, I'm sure it's best in class in terms of performance. My pick, however, would be the GS350.
Shocking...fer serious. ;)

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I can't drive a mile without seeing at least a couple LS or ES here. That reasoning, although I've never personally met anybody that believed that it happened in a Seinfeld episode where George's parents bought a Cadillac because his mom would not ride in a German car.

Shocking...fer serious. ;)
Let me guess you would take the 535i? :lol:

Don't worry I prob would to but its pretty ugly.

·
27,116 Posts
I always find that amusing when I hear a Jew say that... it's not like it's the same company that made military related stuff for the Nazi's. You think the reason Mitsubishi isn't doing better is because some Americans are boycotting them since they made the planes that attacked Pearl Harbour? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
I always find that amusing when I hear a Jew say that... it's not like it's the same company that made military related stuff for the Nazi's. You think the reason Mitsubishi isn't doing better is because some Americans are boycotting them since they made the planes that attacked Pearl Harbour? :rolleyes:
I am just telling you what i have learned. Plenty of jews are happy driving BMWs and MBs and Audis.

The truth is i find it funny that some jews would forsake BMW but get a Lincoln, given the fact that Henry Ford is an unrepentant Antisemite. Ford got a medal from Hitler and he never gave it back even after the war started, and he has openly stated that jews is "the world's foremost problem".

·
27,116 Posts
I am just telling you what i have learned. Plenty of jews are happy driving BMWs and MBs and Audis.
I'm not saying you started it... I heard it from people in my daily life as well.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts

The truth is i find it funny that some jews would forsake BMW but get a Lincoln, given the fact that Henry Ford is an unrepentant Antisemite. Ford got a medal from Hitler and he never gave it back even after the war started, and he has openly stated that jews is "the world's foremost problem".
It is not something YOU or any other non-jew could understand. ever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts