Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I noticed that at about 50mph my IS started a crazy rattle. To the point that the steering wheel felt like a PS2 controller when I hit the wall on GT4. I sped up, and it stoped. I slowed down to 50 again and it keept going, so I slowed down to about 45mph and it stoped... :jawDrop:

I have never felt this before, and I have been well over 50mph before. My tires are making a bit of noise, but I had never owned a car with such low profile tires so I just assumed it was them.

Any idea's as to what the problem is??

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
have your front wheels balanced.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You could also have a bent rim, or your tires may be worn unevenly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In addition to getting your wheels balanced, also check your tire pressure periodically. IS300's tend to get uneven tire wear and low tire pressure can be a culprit among others.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will take it to get everything all balenced and get them to make the spair the right rear because the R-R is all scrachted up. Hopefully that will fix it, if it doesnt then I will take it to lexus and let them figure it out ;)

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
ISpimpin said:
if it doesnt then I will take it to lexus and let them figure it out ;)
And make sure they kiss you first. Because you are gonna get f**ked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hopefully the balance will fix the vibration.

I also experienced what u described when my front right brake caliper froze causing the rotor to warp from heat.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"I also experienced what u described when my front right brake caliper froze causing the rotor to warp from heat."

Ding ding ding!!

We have a winner. Aparently the calaper sticks. They are calling me back later telling me all what I need to replace. Might be a good time to pick up cross drilled rotors. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts