Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished a 5 speed swap on jazilla's 01 is300. or so i thought. doesnt look like the clutch pedal will push in far enough to dis engage the clutch. it hits the floor before its actually fully pushed in. you can tell because the pad on the back of the pedal assembly is about an inch from the starter switch still. im going to cut and weld the pedal tomorrow i guess to bring the pedal closer, seems like the only option at this point. anyone else run into this problem?

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts
Before you cut the pedal (first time I've heard of anyone doing it) you should check the actual clutch assembly to make sure everything was installed correctly.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Are you sure there is no air in the clutch line? Try bleeding the clutch line again. Or at least do visual on the slave cylinder to make sure it's moving as soon as you push the clutch in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well none of the above mentioned was the issue. when the pedal hit the floor it still wasnt engaging the clutch switch. we did cut it and tig weld it and support it. its much better now :). im clueless on why it was like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.