Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would be better if I wanted to throw a fairly powerful (Stage II or III) turbo in my 02' IS300? Everyone tells me that a stick gets old and sucks really bad in traffic... Can you get close to or the same performence out of the E-Shift?

BTW, i'm new to the forums and currently own a 01 3.2 TL type S... But i'm trading it in when the lease runs out in about 8 months from now. I'm rently set a white/black IS300 8)

· Registered
822 Posts
yes you can squeeze out the same performance... but if you get a 5 speed and get a stage II or higher plan on putting on some more money on a tranny... the auto's will hold a lot more HP than the 5 speeds.... but if you get enough HP with the auto, that'll probably go out on you too..

· Podiatrist
22,491 Posts
careful when you throw it in. You could damage it.

· Registered
7,242 Posts
Even though the auto can hold more power. The potential that a manual car will have with a turbo will be higher.
For example if you want to exceed 600 RWHP, swapping an auto to a manual is going to cost more in the long run than just going from a W55 to a R154 or a V160. Opposed to going from auto to a R154 or a V160.

Not to mention that a manual tranny car is just oh so fun to drive with boost.

· Registered
769 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
Even though the auto can hold more power. The potential that a manual car will have with a turbo will be higher.
For example if you want to exceed 600 RWHP, swapping an auto to a manual is going to cost more in the long run than just going from a W55 to a R154 or a V160. Opposed to going from auto to a R154 or a V160.

Not to mention that a manual tranny car is just oh so fun to drive with boost.
I think that the price difference to swap from auto to v160 versus swapping a manual to a v160 is negligible. Why would it cost more in the long run?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.