Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got 4 new tires August and got an aliment in September... and now my front tires are down to the thread.... its the inside on the tires that are bald not the middle its the inside on the outside that is bald... do u guys think they messed up on the aliment?

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
variables. Do you have after market wheels, are you lowered, any suspension changes?

chances are yes, or you drive really really bad which i doubt is the case.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
variables. Do you have after market wheels, are you lowered, any suspension changes?

chances are yes, or you drive really really bad which i doubt is the case.
my wheels and suspension are all stock

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
yea, it has to be your alignment. Did you hit any bad potholes, curbs, fender benders, bumps, or anything really bad after the alignment? and is it all 4 tires or just 1?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i got my alignment September they were dicks about it and i had an appointment and my car was sitting outside for 3 hours then i asked when are they going to do my car and they were like soon just wait a minute....
im getting new tires this week and an alignment next week.... thanks moonlight +rep

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
IS300's are known to have inner tire wear even with stock suspension. Take it to a reputable alignment shop and tell them that your are getting inner tire wear and have them adjust the settings to help correct that.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
When I had my alignment done. They told me its hard to align our cars. As they have to adjust the toe and camber at the same time. Its best that you take it someone more knowledgeable about our cars.

Your not the only one that is having problems. Are you asking them for a copy of the alignment sheet. Dont let them tell you that its the best they can do, if its not in range

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
When I had my alignment done. They told me its hard to align our cars. As they have to adjust the toe and camber at the same time. Its best that you take it someone more knowledgeable about our cars.

Your not the only one that is having problems. Are you asking them for a copy of the alignment sheet. Dont let them tell you that its the best they can do, if its not in range
Aint that the truth. My friend works for a Lexus dealer and does any work I can't do. When he aligned my car, he did nothing but complain about how much of a pain in the ass they are.

Reactions: IS3_FTW

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Aint that the truth. My friend works for a Lexus dealer and does any work I can't do. When he aligned my car, he did nothing but complain about how much of a pain in the ass they are.
Finally someone agrees :cool:

Reppage 4 U

Reactions: Apex84

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when i had my other set of tires it was good for a couple of years... i think it was the shop that messed up the alignment

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
when i had my other set of tires it was good for a couple of years... i think it was the shop that messed up the alignment
When I took mine to the dealer it was still off by 1.5 degrees. They claimed that was a close as they could get it. I had to rotate my tires every 5,000 mines to get even ware. After 20,000 I was like fuck it. It hasn't been as much of a problem with my 19s, but I don't put as many miles on those as my 17s.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hey if ur willing to take a ride into jersey i got a friend with a shop who is awesome at wheel alignments and he nasty good at it no complaints and when he did mine took him like 10 mins and he had to do my toe and camber cause of my drop but that shop def. shafted u on the alignment

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey if ur willing to take a ride into jersey i got a friend with a shop who is awesome at wheel alignments and he nasty good at it no complaints and when he did mine took him like 10 mins and he had to do my toe and camber cause of my drop but that shop def. shafted u on the alignment
if it was 6 years ago i would because i used to live in jersey... but its just a little to far for me

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fuck. 3 months after I bought my IS, I noticed my front tires had inner tire wear as well. I guess I'm going to have my have my mechanical correct this problem.

Good thread.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My IS300 had inner front tire wear problems too. Search for some specs that someone posted on here. I got my car aligned with those specs as well as installed new tires. The tires are now 2 years old and still have plenty of tread left with even wear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My IS300 had inner front tire wear problems too. Search for some specs that someone posted on here. I got my car aligned with those specs as well as installed new tires. The tires are now 2 years old and still have plenty of tread left with even wear.
Is there any way you can find that thread? Please......please!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts