Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
good luck

Great deal on those head lights! Those wheels were a first choice of mine as well...but in a much narrower set up.

Let me know how it goes at Camber Toe.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Rims came in! Decided to pick up the oem 03 sportdesign headlights after finding a good deal on ebay :)
Did you notice that the headlights are 2004, not 2003. They will have a matte/titanium finish instead of dark chrome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update: After hearing I may have some wheel fitment issues with the Eibach Sportlines/Koni Yellow combo, I've switched to BC BR coilovers. If anyone's interested in picking up some brand new springs/shocks, please let me know. Everything is being installed as we speak! pics soon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can anybody suggest a good tire size for these wheel sizes: F 18x9 +35 R 18x10 +38

thnx in advance!

Also installing front and rear eibach sways! Super psyched, thanks for everyones help along the way so far!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Anyone ever driven their is300 across country? I'm thinking of doing it once all parts get installed. Ny to California. Car has 160K on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Finally finished with my first round of updates to this car. getting everything sorted, here are some pics. Plan to go a little lower with some more negative camber after I drive from NYC to California this weekend. Thanks for everyones advice and help. Cheers!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Anyone ever driven their is300 across country? I'm thinking of doing it once all parts get installed. Ny to California. Car has 160K on it.
I drove across Canada ~4500km (2800 miles) last July. I have about 150k miles on my car too. You'll be fine, just make sure the car is up to date with the maintenance and nothing is making noise or shaking.

The car looks good with those wheels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice to see you went through with refreshing your car instead of jumping ship to a Subie, M3, or other money sink. Im personally parting out my WRX, and picked up an IS300 because of how much better the IS300 feels. In the same boat with refreshing the IS as the previous owners didn't appear to be enthusiasts, so this implies years of cheap gas, bad oil, and under appreciation (warped rotors, uneven tire wear, and very dirty throttle body from excessive blow-by).

You made a great choice in revamping her! The IS is a much better car than a Turbo Subaru.

On my subaru when I had RPF1s, and didn't want to spend $120 on enkei center caps. You can buy Honda Odyssey center caps, sand them down to a uniform level (so the logo doesn't shine through), and coat them in a nice matte silver enamel.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rims came in! Decided to pick up the oem 03 sportdesign headlights after finding a good deal on ebay :)
What was the cost and your experience at Camber Toe?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Nice to see you went through with refreshing your car instead of jumping ship to a Subie, M3, or other money sink. Im personally parting out my WRX, and picked up an IS300 because of how much better the IS300 feels. In the same boat with refreshing the IS as the previous owners didn't appear to be enthusiasts, so this implies years of cheap gas, bad oil, and under appreciation (warped rotors, uneven tire wear, and very dirty throttle body from excessive blow-by).

You made a great choice in revamping her! The IS is a much better car than a Turbo Subaru.

On my subaru when I had RPF1s, and didn't want to spend $120 on enkei center caps. You can buy Honda Odyssey center caps, sand them down to a uniform level (so the logo doesn't shine through), and coat them in a nice matte silver enamel.
Update: Car feels amazing. You can really feel the difference with the headers and lighter wheels, not to mention how much better it handles with the coils and front/rear sways. Made it from NYC to LA no problem at all! Utah and Colorado had some beautiful roads, only got one speeding ticket (98 in a 75, $240!). I actually quite like the exposed center caps, it give a functional feel as if I'm changing my wheels so often that I cant bother with center caps lol. Now I'm dying for more power under the hood!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What was the cost and your experience at Camber Toe?
Cost was great, experience was okay. PM me if ya want details. Thanks again for your recco for them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Some pics from cross country drive

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
another one from somewhere around utah

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Went lower and more negative camber in the front and back. Been having the coilovers adjusted by Steve at T1 Motorsports in Mt Washington/Highland Park area. Am rubbing a bit now, need to go smaller in front for sure and want to switch to summer tires, these Continental All Seasons don't do it for me, especially now that the car is in California until at least August, then maybe drive it back across country, anybody going to the Lexus meet in Diamond Bar this weekend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Updated Pics. Still not 100% satisfied with my wheel fitment/ride height. Think I need 18x10+15 up front and 18x10.5+15 rear. Add TRD side skirts, lower it a tiny bit, paint it black etc etc engine swap when I win the lotto pretty soon here >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
update

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts