Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been about 5,000 miles since I had my header and o2 sim installed at LMW and now I have a cel. I took it to Bob Baker Lexus for servicing and to have them tell me what the Cel is for and they said it was for the header. But get this, they told me they have to replace everything from header back and get new o2 sensors to get rid of the cel. They want to charge me $3,300 to do it. I just looked at the guy and got into my car and drove off. I cant believe these guys were trying to rip me off like that.
Whatever though, im gona have to take it back to LMW and have them check out the problem. I just wanted to tell you guys about Bob Baker Lexus trying to charge me $3,300 to fix my cel.

Reactions: hi im arie

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Did they even give you the Code for the CEL you got?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have to reset the CEL in my 01' occasionally- its been about 15-20k miles since i've had the header, and its come on 2 times i think.

it just happens i guess. just disconnect the negative for a few minutes and you'll be fine.

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
importracr317 said:
i have to reset the CEL in my 01' occasionally- its been about 15-20k miles since i've had the header, and its come on 2 times i think.

it just happens i guess. just disconnect the negative for a few minutes and you'll be fine.
Hes right reset your ECU chances are you wont ever see it again

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I reset my CEL and hopefully it wont go on again. I just cant believe that Lexus dealership was trying to rip me off like that. Ive never been to a dealership that was like that except for that one.

·
Registered
833 Posts
anyone else have this problem after 5k miles ? i just got my CEL after 5k miles from my o2 sim install. i reset my ECU and so far no CEL i just gotta wait and see..

if you had this problem after 5k and reset it... did it go away forever ?

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
I'm not sure about 02 model but 04+ model should expect check engine light after header + o2 sim installed :)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I have an '02 with a header, and I get CELs randomly. Anywhere from 200 to 700 miles between resets. I've never lasted to 5k though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts